NOTE: Part of this theory was proved to be correct he is part of FG#7 but no proof yet that he is the grandson of Peter Parker. Wayne 

I propose a theory about the ancestors of Moses Parker (1744-1830) died Marlboro Co., SC as I believe he may be part of FG#7 and need help in proving or disproving this theory. A Male Parker y-DNA test would be great !!!

I have found that Moses son, John Parker born SC was in Humphreys Co., TN at the same time as P252 oldest know ancestor Calvin Parker who was born in SC and then John Parker moved to Bibb Co., AL and was living there at the same time P412 oldest know ancestor Moses Parker born SC is living in Bibb Co., AL

I think Moses Parker (1744-1830) could be the grandson of Peter Parker of Chowan Co., NC who was the son Richard Parker III died 1750 in Chowan Co., NC

According to Mrs. Raymond Parker Fouts book “Following the Land” pages 31-32, Peter Parker son of Richard Parker III had at least three sons, Elisha Parker, Sr., Jonathan Parker and Moses Parker.

I had some information on Elisha Parker family but nothing on Jonathan or Moses Parker. Any information on Jonathan or Moses Parker families needed.

From page 31 of Following the land Moses Parker is a witness when Peter Parker made a deed to his son Jonathan Parker on 17 April 1749. Page 32 Peter Parker sold 150 acres to Richard Parker of Nansemond Co., VA on December 1-1755 and Moses Parker was a witness.

Could this Moses Parker be the father or uncle of the Moses Parker (1744-1830)????

Since Moses Parker (1744-1830) was married twice and had 22 children this could be the key to some of the members of FG#7 SC connections.

Also found this information below today but have not had time to check it out yet.

Wayne N. Parker P239 researcher for FG#7

PARKER Land Plats in Cheraw District, SC

Posted by: Annette Rawls

Date: October 15, 2001 at 18:38:18

of 26465

During a recent search in the South Carolina Archives, I found early land plats for Moses (1787), Elisha,Sr.(1784/1785/1787/1802), Elisha, Jr. (1788)., and Stephen ,Jr.(1787) PARKER in Cheraw District, SC. Most of this land was in close proximity to and on both sides of the PeeDee River which would now be NE Chesterfield Co. and NW Marlboro Co. near Cheraw. Mentioned in the land descriptions are Bear Creek, Beaver Creek, Gum Swamp, and Panther Creek. Would appreciate corresponding with anyone with information on any of these PARKER families.

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi, Elizabeth - I don't have a yes or a no about the Isaac Parker in Livingston. Isaac was listed 1802 Kentucky tax rolls living on the East Side of Livingston Creek, Livingston County. He was over 21, had 200 deeded acres and two horses. He had no slaves. Sorry I cannot tell you more.

Actually what my post said was that it suited me to assume Benjamin, Robert and Jesse as FG#7. Isaac Parker lived amidst them but was unknown to me, so I have no way to include Isaac in FG#7 at this point.

It is great, however, that Wayne has suggested Robert Parker (see Greenville SC 1790) as father of them all plus William. That idea has been guessed at for years and years by many folks, but usually based on wishful thinking, surname, geography or lore. Wayne's assessments are always made with a lot more solid data and research.

Congratulations on staying with your Graydon-Parker research. Something will come of it, sooner or later.

Patricia Ross Parker
                • Elizabeth,
                  In my opinion yes you are correct. I am going out on a limb and say that the Robert Parker that is listed the 1790 census of Greenville Co., SC on page 113 is the father of Isaac and also the father of Benjamin Parker (P11) Jesse Parker (P 120 and 296) and William Parker. My theory only at this time.I could be wrong or right only time and more research will tell.

Go ahead and post your information this blog .
                  Wayne
                  • Here is how I connect to Parker FG7. My brother and 2nd cousin did a Y DNA test and were put in this group. It was a big surprise since our surname was Graydon. Our Graydon's have been in the Gray Court area of Laurens County, SC since the late 1700's. I live one county up from there in Greenville, SC.

We have a good paper trail to my 3g grandfather, Mathew Graydon, born around 1780-1784. We don't know for sure if he was born in Laurens Co SC, but probably was since there are land records for two Graydon men there in the 1770's. We don't know much about them. The only other Graydon there in the 1800 census was Thomas Graydon. His family matches with other Graydon's believed to be from Lisnaskea, Fermanagh, Ireland.

I have some ideas about who Mathew Graydon's mother was. There is a story passed down in the Graydon family that the father of Thomas Graydon was hung in his doorway by Tories in SC, during the Revolution. Thomas was a young boy and had 2 older sisters that pulled the father down and buried him. Thomas Graydon's family is well documented. I believe that one sister of Thomas was Agnes Graydon who married John Mills in SC, and ended up in Ohio. I have no idea who the other sister is, so I think it is possible that she was the mother of my 3g, Mathew Graydon, with a Parker man. I have no idea who the mother of Thomas Graydon is so I think it's possible she could have had Mathew after her husband died. Or Mathew could have been a Parker orphan that she took in.

A very interesting note about Mathew: it seems he named one of his sons Elihu Parker Graydon. Elihu went to Georgia around 1830 with other Laurens, SC families. His descendants believe him to be a son of Mathew Graydon, but they spell the name “Graden”, which was one way it was spelled in earlier days.

So my 3g grandfather, Mathew Graydon, was born around 1780-1784, and died in 1849 in Laurens County, SC, near the border of Greenville County, SC. It seems that he always lived around Bullet Branch and Cabin Creek, off South Raburn/Rabon Creek, which is off the Reedy River. His son, my 2g grandfather, James Graydon, was given the land they all lived on by a man named Drury Boyce around 1830. We don't know what the Boyce connection is to our family, even though we have looked into it fairly extensively.

Isaac Parker, born 1765 in SC lived very close by. He looks like he didn't get married and start having children until a few years after my Mathew Graydon was born. Could he be the father of Mathew, or could one of his brother's be the father? I'm hoping to find out more information about Isaac's brothers. Or could our Parker connection go back another generation before Mathew?
          • Wayne, Kat Hampton is ordering yDNA for her brother. She is a descendant of Matthew Parker, I ran the census data from her line data she gave me. That Matthew is the man I think is brother of my Daniel. If family 7 won't prove my theory but I am excited to finally get a yDNA on that line!
            • Mike,
              Hope you are able very soon to finally break through your brick wall. I am hopping that if we are lucky some of the names you come up with will already be in my file. :) (I can dream can't I) Anyway just wanted to let you know that I have always believe that the cup is half full.
              Cuz
              Wayne
            • Mike,
              GREAT news!!!!!
              Kat Hampton has seen the flowers that I leave at all the people I add to my file from Find a Grave findagrave.com That site has help me sooo much.
              I am so happy that she got her brother to do the DNA test as now we can find out if indeed Daniel and Matthew Parker are brothers as we think they are.I am glad I put her in touch with you.
              Hang in there Mike and maybe very soon the brick wall will be pulled down.
              My greatest wish is that someday very soon I can see that all members of FG#7 have been traced back to our common ancestor!!!!!!!!
              Cuz
              Wayne
          • Wayne, give me an assignment on SC project, Mike
This reply was deleted.