Replies

• Is that the one being held in Oklahoma or Texas?  I would love to try to attend this year.

• Hello, Lillian Carson -

The Fort Parker reunion held in Limestone County, Texas mainly draws Parkers related  to the Elder John Parker clan, today known as Parker YDNA Project Family Group #5.  At this summer Reunion, there are other surnames represented whose ancestors were also victims of the Fort Parker Comanche Massacre in 1836.   The many other Parker bloodlines matched into different Family Groups by YDNA have long since found their separate bloodlines and established their own Family Reunions.   

The 2014 plans for the Fort Parker Reunion are unknown at this writing.  Google same for details and schedules.

My Parker family is not related in any known way to Family Group #5 or the Elder Parker clan.

Patricia Ross Parker, research for Family Group #7. 

• Hello, Patricia Ross Parker

I have not been tested as of yet.  My mother just a few years back started telling me about our heritage.  I had questions for many years.  It was hard to get information because I was not raised by my parents.  She finally related to me that her dad, JOE PARKER, told her he was a direct descendent of the PARKER INDIANS before he died.  There is no way he could have remotely known that, if the information had not been presented to him by his parents or close relatives.  They were transported to a plantation here in Louisiana.  I have traced lineage back to my g-g grandfather.  A couple of years ago, I had the opportunity of speaking with Quanah Parker, an attorney.  He invited me to share in the reunion; however, I was involved in an automobile accident and recovery has been slow.

Lillian Ann Parker Carson, research for Louisiana Parkers.

• I and my wife plan to attend. Can you E-Mail me some particulars.

My link to the Parker Clan is profiled on the web-site.

David Lamb

dkbanr@msn.com

509-375-4830

Thank you

• also the reunion at Parker Cemetery( Jones School House) 1st sun. of July

off FM 2022 southeast of Grapeland

I have contact info for Parker Cemetery Assoc. If anyone needs it.

My Great Grandpa Ben Parker and Wife Nancy Payne deeded over the land for this cemetery.
  • Could you post the details of the reunion.
    • The Parker Reunion is held the 3rd weekend of July annualy at Fort Parker State Park between Mexia,TX. and Groesbeck, TX. [Map] Nestled among the towering pine trees and wildlife descendents of the elder John Parker meet to catch up on old times and celebrate the rich history the Parker family embodies. Please read below for more information about the reunion and the many reunion activities for the young and young at heart!
      Family
      First and foremost, the reunion is about catching up with fellow members and descendants of the Parker family. Each year there are new faces to meet! Whether it be catching up on old times, hearing stories about the events of Fort Parker several generations ago, or just visiting with friends new and old, the Parker reunion is about Family, face to face.

The Meal
      On the Saturday of the reunion, at precisely 12:00 Noon, the large meal is served. Each attendeed brings one or more dishes to be served. Preparation for the meal begins early as volunteers heat, cook, mix, stir and prepare food for the several (__how many??__) attendees. There are dishes ranging from appetizers (salads, hors d'oeuvres and finger foods), main courses (sausage, chicken, pork, turkey, beef) and don't forget the desserts! (cakes, pies and cookies) Nobody leaves hungry! While working hard, the chefs also have a lot of fun. Lunch is served in the now air conditioned meal hall and kitchen. And of course, you are always welcome to seconds!

The Auction
      The purpose of the annual auction is to raise money for the Parker Reunion fund. This is the money that allows the Parker Reunion to happen each year. This past year the auction was headed off by Drew and Ross Cochran. Some items in the past have been quilts, arts and crafts, autographed books, dolls, and many other items. The auction is held in the air conditioned meal hall on the Saturday afternoon of the reunion.

The Games
      The games are for anyone who wishes to participate but are most popular with the kids. There is tug-o-war, which is always a lot of fun. The most popular game, by far, is the egg and biscuit toss. Participants take turns throwing eggs to their partner. Each round, a step is taken back, making a longer distance to throw the egg. Limbo is also played and is great fun for everyone involved!

Outside Activites
      Fort Parker State Park has many outside activities for eveyone! Fort Parker offers camping, picnicking, swimming area, fishing, birdwatching, hiking, biking, canoeing, nature study,baseball/softball, and paddle boating. The large shade trees of the park offer shade for lounging and meeting your fellow Parker family descendants.
      http://www.parkerreunion.com/aboutReunion/about.htm

The Quanah Parker Powwow and Reunion at Star House, Cache OK is at:
      QUANAH PARKER REUNION AND POWWOW

JUNE 10-13, 2010 EAGLE PARK CACHE, OK

http://www.quanahparker.org/
      • Thankyou Jim....My Parker's are from Quanah Parker's mother's side.
        • Descendants of Thomas Bryant Parker and Martha Ann Nelson their son Robert Pollock Parker was the father to my great grandfather Amborse Bassist Parker
        • I would be happy to provide you information on your lineage. I descend from Elder John Parker's son Isaac Parker. May I know what your line is?
This reply was deleted.