Replies

• Hi Misty,
    I now have both of your Parker family lines added to my file.
    Based on the will of Jonas Parker North Carolina, Orange Co. May Court 1775, his son Richard was under the age of 21, so he was born about 1759. Where as Major Richard Parker was born about 1728.
    I have a huge working research file on our Parker family and the links to my on-line file.
    http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=parke...
    http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=REG&db=parke...

After you have read my research please feel free to ask any questions.

Wayne N. Parker
    RootsWeb's WorldConnect Project: Parker and Allied Families
    • Wayne, I am a genetic distance of 3 from Ricihard Parker, baptisted Mar 3 1709, married Elizabeth King, b 1733, d 1750. his known descendants: Jonas 1733-1775 NC, David Parker 1767-1849 NC, Harrison Parker approx 1793-5/31/1864, Nathaniel Henry Parker 1842-1866, died in Civil War, James Jefferson Parker 1861-1935 NC, Johnny Cooper Parker born 1911-1976 NC, Johnny Cooper Parker, Jr, Raleigh, NC.. Does any of this ring a bell? Mike
      • Mike, I just looked at Johnny Cooper file that he has posted on Family Tree DNA website. He has James Jefferson Parker father as Nathan Bryon Parker born about 1835 in Wayne Co., NC and died September 17, 1863 in Sharpsburg, Washington,Maryland. Nathan Bryon Parker father was James Richard Parker, Jr. born January 07, 1805 in Wayne Co., NC died July 20, 1894 in Wayne Co., NC, This is also the information that I have in my file on Johnny Cooper Parker family.

I also have Nathaniel H. Parker FG#7 in my file but I don't have any information on his descendants. I will start researching him tomorrow.

Wayne

Direct Descendants of Richard Parker III

1 Richard Parker III 1676 - 1750 b: Abt. 1676 in Nansemond Co., VA Y-DNA: April 06, 2009 FG#7 kit #145926 d: 1750 in Chowan Co., NC
        .. +Elizabeth (King) - 1728 m: Abt. 1697 d: Bet. 1728 - 1729 in Nansemond Co., VA/Chowan Co., NC
        ...... 2 Jonas Parker 1709 - 1775 b: Abt. 1709 in Nansemond Co., VA d: 1775 in Orange Co., NC
        .......... +Rebecca Person 1737 - 1824 b: 1737 in NC m: 1758 in Granville Co., NC d: 1824
        .............. 3 David Parker 1767 - 1849 b: 1767 in Granville Co., NC d: November 27, 1849 in Orange Co., NC
        .................. +Clara "Clary" Mangum 1771 - 1844 b: 1771 in Orange Co., NC m: December 29, 1792 in Orange Co., NC d: July 23, 1844 in Orange Co., NC
        ...................... 4 Harrison Parker 1793 - 1864 b: Abt. 1793 in NC d: May 31, 1864 in Orange Co., NC
        .......................... +Sarah Parrish 1795 - 1846 b: February 1795 in NC m: May 22, 1813 d: June 27, 1846 in Orange Co., NC
        .............................. 5 William D. Parker 1816 - 1846 b: 1816 d: June 20, 1846
        .................................. +Drady Harris 1815 - b: Abt. 1815 m: May 09, 1835 in Orange Co., NC
        ...................................... 6 Nathaniel H. Parker 1842 - b: April 1842
        • Nathaniel Harris Parker b Apr 1842, died 3/6/1914. James Jefferson Parker b1861, d 1935 NC, Johnny Cooper Parker 1911-1976, Johnny Cooper Parker Jr.
          • Mike,
            If I remember correctly at one time Johnnie Cooper Parker believe that James Jefferson Parker father was Nathaniel Harris Parker but according to family oral history that James Jefferson Parker father died in the Civil war. Johnnie then more research and found Nathan Bryon Parker was the father of James Jefferson Parker.
            See this exchange between Johnnie and myself on Johnnie Comment Wall https://parkerheritage.ning.com/members/JohnnieCooperParkerJr We need to get some feedback from Johnnie about his family. Wayne
            Johnnie Cooper Parker Jr
            Since 2001 we have been researching and celebrating Parker family history and genealogy.
        • Thank you, Wayne. I will try all the branches to see if anything turns up. Still trying to find my GGG-GF Daniel Parker's family. I pray for you every day. Mike
          • Mike,
            Thanks for the prayer. I am slowly get back to my old self and Zula is doing a lot better since she had her left kidney removed due to cancer back on July 12, 2021, The cancer had not spread.
            I have be researching Daniel Parker myself. I have some new thoughts and ideas rolling around in my head on Daniel Parker
            family and I will be sending you an e-mail soon. I don't have any new names to trace. Wayne
    • Hi Wayne! I was just reading more on William PArker (1604). So He came over to VA as a Servant of John Bush? Was this a common thing? Was he a servant in England as well I wonder? Or maybe made a deal to come over to US with this family? Became a servant to pay a debt? Any thing you have found? Thanks!
      • Hi Misty,

You ask a very good question.
        An Indentured Servant was a person who wanted to come to British North American but did not have the money to pay their passage. So they would signed a contract to work for the person who paid their way to American usually for seven years.
        Also the person who paid for his passage would be granted some much land for themselves and then they would be granted some much land for every person that they paid the way over to American. Therefore the Indentured Servant was a person (men and women) who could have come from many different backgrounds.
        From my own research, many of the Indentured Servant were kinsmen and neighbors of the person who paid for their passage. Also many people learned how to work the system (yes just like today) and it went like this because you could get land for each trip you paid for yourself or a kinsmen, a person could acquire a lot of land

Now back to William Parker, John Bush died fairly soon after he came to American ( right now I don’t have that information in front of me) and because no one has been able to find any records that will tell us more information we can only speculate William Parker.
        What I do know and have land records to prove the trail of William Parker who patented land in 350 acs. Warrisquicke Co., last day of May 1636 to his son and grandsons.

Since we do not know anything about our William Parker in England. I was provided with some information some years back about the William Parker family from Barley, Hertfordshire, England born also about 1604 and that a John Bush also lived in the same area. I looked into the information but I am more interested in tracing our FG#7 Parker family in the USA right now.

Wayne
        • wow thanks! I did some googling last night and as you have said, I guess this was a common thing. Then after inspecting the dates.. realize he must have only been 12 years old! In another group I am in I posed the question of indentured servants Another person said, as you have said, many times there were inter marriages or-- very close ties-- among the two families. I am fascinated! I will definitely do some research on this BUSH family.. I wonder if there is any way, one of the Bush relatives could have been William's wife. What a great story to come to a new land at 12 years old as a servant... and make such a name for yourself that.. it sounds like he was a Burgess and considered an Ancient Planter. Very cool! :) I have a son who is 13. I cant imagine sending your son off with another family to a foreign land... and probably never see him again!
This reply was deleted.