Parker family from New Hanover County, NC 1800s

I am looking for any further info on Jonathan (John or Jno) Alfred Parker 1819-1875 from New Hanover county, NC. I found his father's will and probate from 1837 NC. It list his father's name as Morris and Eliza Parker (widow) gives up her right to D. Collins because she is moving, so dead end for her. It also states the following heirs; John A. Parker (of age before 1842), Hester Parker, Morris Parker, G. W. Parker, Julia Ann Parker. These heirs were left under guardianship to P. W. Fanning whom also raised John A. Parker and is buried in Oakdale Cemetery in Wilmington, NC near him. This is also the John A. Parker who owned the Parker/Saunders House in Wilmington, NC. John's sister Hester, married Larkin Fox Bunn and her funeral was held at her brother's home. I have lots of information of family after John A. but nothing to go on before him. If anyone has any info., thank you in advance.

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Cassie,
    I have been researching your family and at this point I have more questions than answers. (1) Could the name Morris, who died 1837, be his middle name? Having looked at census records I can't find his name listed in New Hanover co., NC did I just overlook him? (2) Do you have any information about Morris Parker the brother of John A. Parker as to his full name? (3) Do have a male Parker cousin or uncle that would be willing to do a y-DNA test? NOTE: Disclaimer I do not receive any money or compensation for being the Co-Administrator for the Parker DNA Project. Wayne N. Parker
    • yes Wayne I cannot find this Morris Parker senior anywhere in the county either. I have found a Henry Morris Parker but I am not sure as to yet if this is same man. I have found nothing on Morris but I also know Hester Parker Bunn named her son Morris as well. I have been asking for one to do so but unfortunately none have did this DNA project yet. My family believed that Morris Sr. was the first in our Parker's to come over from England which makes this much harder for me being in the US.
      • Cassie,
        I have traced a member of my Parker DNA Family Group #7 back to a Hardy Parker of NC and of course we have several Hardy Parker living in NC at the same time. One being from New Hanover Co., NC, the son of Thomas Parker.The will (March 14, 1775) of Thomas Parker of New Hanover County, North Carolina names his sons Thomas, John and Hardy Parker, and his daughters Elizabeth Lee, Laucesiah (Lucretia) Highsmith, Rachell Powell, and the heirs of [his deceased daughter] Mary Gay. Rachel’s husband Jacob Powell was his executor. Thomas’ son Hardy Parker is said to have married Susan Parydice.
        Based on my knowledge of the different yDNA Parker families of NC It would make tracing your Parker a whole lot easier just by knowing yDNA group that is your ancestor belong to. Also based on my knowledge I believe that your Parker has a better than 60 to 40 percent change that Morris Parker family has been in USA for a good while.
        Wayne
        • Thank you I will look into this information and I will also check and make sure none in my family have did the test and I just not know.
          C
          • no DNA tests have been run on our Parker side, so back to square one
This reply was deleted.