Parents of Robert Parker (born 1808)

I am looking for the parents and siblings of the Robert Parker (b.1808 in NC) who married Flora Ferguson (b.1812 in GA) and had children: Garner, Roxy Ann, John Berry, Angus, William H., Robert Knox, Jeptha P., Christopher B., and Herschel Virgil.  Robert and Flora lived in Monroe County GA, Stewart County GA, and Webster County GA.  Some of their sons were lost in the War; son Robert Knox Parker ended up in Texas; Herschel Virgil Parker stayed in Stewart County GA where he is buried in Harmony Cemetery.

My father did research in the 1970s but was limited by the technology of the times and didn't have anything like ParkerHeritage.com members helping him out.

Thanks,
Joel D. Parker

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Herschel Virgil was my great grandfather, born in 1856. I have not been able to identify Robert's parents. Any updates would be greatly appreciated.
  • I am related to Nathanael Parker included Elder John Parker , Elizabeth Madison , Duty and Silas , Cyntia Ann Parker others etc. Sources , DNA Profile on GENI.com ..... please take a look at the Nathanael Parkers GENI - Profile.
  • Your dad did a great job. Jeptha PARKER may be a brother or cousin of your Robert PARKER. Robert and Jeptha PARKER are off only a few pages in the Census. Jeptha has a son Jeptha , and Robert has a son Jeptha PARKER. Robert PARKER was wealthy so maybe if you check the land and court records, marriage records you will come up with some good information.
This reply was deleted.