Joseph Henry Parker, b. 1897, Maryland

I am married to Thomas Parker from Broome County, NY. His grandfather was Joseph Henry Parker, b. 1897, Maryland. His brother, "Alec" (Alexander?), and he were raised by another family (no relations). Believe his father and mother are listed in the 1900 census in PA, "J.H.B. and E.H.B. Parker." Supposedly his father died and mother gave to Albert&Tamza Gooden before 1910 (have found the related censuses). E.H.B. (and/or Joseph's father) are from England. Does anyone know of this family? Joseph was born in Maryland, went to PA, then to Delaware, possibly back to PA, and finally in Broome County, NY. He and wife Mabel Tripp raised 5 boys and 1 daughter. Thank you all very much. (Hello from South Carolina!)

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• His JH B Parker left a puzzle on the 1900 census. It said he was born 1865 yet the immigration column said he come in 1881 at 19 years of age. I could not find an immigration record that was clearly him.
    • Thank you Jim. I also saw an immigration record for a "J. Parker;" but how would I know? It is frustrating. I have been hoping that someone from his line (specifically his brothers' may know something). My father-in-law knew of Joseph having a brother "Alec," but if this 1900 is the right census than he had a brother named John also. I thank you and everyone who reads my query. Happy New Year (success in 2009)!!
This reply was deleted.