My ggf was James Parker who was born around 1860 [just a guess] and who, with his older sister Charity, was living in Winston County, Mississippi in 1875. On August 12, 1875 he married Pheba Jones. Both were minors and Charity, his sister, gave her approval in writing to the court to permit the marriage. Pheba's mother Rebecca Jones [not sure if her  maiden name was Jones or if she had married a Jones before her marriage to David Scott] gave her approval for Pheba to marry. I believe they were both teenagers who had to get married as they had a son William Mathew Parker born April 20 1876.   By 1880 they were not longer together. Pheba and William were listed on the 1880 census in the household of David and Rebecca Scott. I am most interested in discovering info on James , his family, where he was born and where he was after marriage. Charity, his sister, must have been in Mississippi with him in 1875 and was older and maybe married. If anyone has any information about these people I would really be thankful for your response. My email addresses are parkerj@k-com.net and jerome.parker@gmail.com.

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am always interested when I see a person that could have done Y-DNA testing to ID which group of Mississippi Parker that they belong too. Jerome do you have y-DNA test to ID which group you belong too. Its a great tool to help ID where to search. In my own research of Mississippi Parker families I find 3 different groups living in the same location at the same time.
    kellyparks99@yahoo.com
    • KELLY...NO I have not had any DNA test done. Where do you get such a test done? Does this site do the tests? in your research have you come up with any one who may have connections to James, his sister Charity or William Mathew Parker who was his son with Pheba/Phebe J Jones? Oh yes thanks for your reply and have a great day. Jerome parker parker@k-com.net or parker.jerome@gmail.com
This reply was deleted.