Hello,

I am trying to apply to Daughters of the republic but I can't prove one connection, if anyone knows any bible, published book, etc. or has copies of documents please advise...

I am the daughter of HD Parker, whose father, John Monroe Parker was the son of Hiram Douglas Parker. Hiram Douglas Parker was son of Elisha Parker and Elmirah Rice Blyth. Elisha was the son of Thomas Parker and Susan Rogers.  Thomas was the son of Nathaniel Parker and Ann Clayton. It is the connection between Elisha (B 1789 NC & D 16 DEC 1866) and his father Thomas (B 8 Jan 1757 & D 18 Dec 1819)

The family was in Virginia, moved to Tennessee, North Carolina, and eventually settled in Oklahoma where much of it still is.

Thank you for your help.

Melissa (Parker) Marzullo

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello Melissa. I have read your post and Joe Crouche's reply. I descend from Elisha Parker and his first wife Patsy James.

Thru genetic testing, I also matched with my cousin who is still living in Hamilton county TN who also traced back to Elisha Parker.

I agree with Joe because he explained that Elisha Parker was not listed as one of the children of Thomas Parker and Susan Rogers according to the legal documentation of the will that was filed and probated.
    Elisha was born in Chowan, North Carolina and later lived in Rhea county TN that was later changed to Hamilton county while he lived in his home in the same spot. He was also a white man.

You need to read very carefully what Joe had explained. There was no mention of Elisha anywhere in the will of Thomas Parker and Susan Rogers.

I remember you. You live in Oklahoma. I sent you a message on Ancestry over 2 years ago to let you know that Elisha Parker was not the son of Thomas Parker and Susan Rogers.

But I never heard back from you. Weeks later, I noticed you still listed Elisha as son of Thomas and Susan. Thomas had never lived in Hamilton county.

Wendy
  • I know nothing about your Elisha Parker, born 1789. I did find hin on Family Search in that US Army. Is that new to you? Don't know where you live, but have you tried going the where he lived either in person or via your cell phone?

Good Luck,

Jim
  • I am descended from Thomas Parker and Susan Rogers via their daughter Pamelia A. Parker who married Francis Duffy. Neither the Will of Thomas Parker, nor the Francis and Pamelia (Parker) Duffy 'Family Bible' which both list their children list an Elisha Parker. See my web page for Thomas Parker. It has Thomas Parker's will transcription, as well as a link to a web page with a transcription of the Duffy Family Bible: http://freepages.family.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~theduffypapers/parke...
    • By any chance do you have any access online or photocopy of Elisha Parker 1789-1866 TN of his will?
      • Sorry, I don't have any information on Elisha Parker.
This reply was deleted.