I'm still trying to find my paternal Parker family.  (All of them.)

I just got an email from the closest DNA match I have on Family Finder DNA.  He says we should be related through a Daniel Parker born 3/11/1750 in Hartford, Maryland or Charlotte Parker in Horry County, South Carolina.  Daniel Parker lived there until about 1800 and then moved to Indiana (after escaping jail for horse thieving charges.)  Does anyone know this Parker line?  Please help!!! 

"For us to be related you would have to be related to Charlotte Parker's family.
Charlotte was living in 1790, 1800 and 1820 in Horry County South Carolina.
She had two sons, James Jr. and John M. Woodward also a daughter named Tabatha.
The Woodwards lived near the Pee Dee River in Horry County S.C.
I found a Daniel Parker in some court records that claimed he had relatives living in the Pee Dee Valley.
Daniel Parker could have been Charlotte's brother, they were about the same age.

"Daniel Parker was born 11 March 1750 in Hartford, Baltimore, Maryland. He lived in South Carolina until 1800. He supposedly married a Susannah Terrell then Edith. In 1796 he was on trial for horse theiving. At his trial Edith testified against him and he was found guilty, but he escaped jail and went to Indiana and raised another family. In the trial transcript he states he is a laborer and has relatives living in the Pee Dee Valley.""

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• While looking for the birth family of my ggg grandfather, Moses Parker born in 1744 in VA and died in Marlboro SC in 1830, I came across this link   

http://avocadoridge.com/carney/getperson.php?personID=I23662&tr...

I think the Daniel Parker listed on this link is the brother of my Moses, and was born around 1750 in HartfordCounty, Baltimore, MD. This Daniel had a son also  named Moses born in 1773 and a son, Daniel Jr, born date unknown.   But this Daniel Parker moved to Dickson County TN where he helped start a church , and he died in TN.  The birth dates and places match, but not the rest.  I found little info on Daniel Jr. Not sure if this helps or just confuses more!

• I question any site that list Elder John Parker as son of Nathaniel Parker of Sumter County.  Didn't Y-DNA disprove this theory.   My line is Aaron Parker (-1833) who married Tabitha Raborn (1772-1856).   He was in Franklin County GA, on tax records  (1801) at the same period list Robert, John and Moses Parker.   My Aaron Parker DNA  family group is #5.  Same as Elder John Parker.  My Aaron Parker was in Mississippi as early as 1813.

• I have not had any DNA testing, so I draw a blank there.  I do know that my ggg grandfather, Moses Parker, was born August 26, 1744 in Culpeper Co. VA. and died in Marlboro County, SC on Nov 12, 1830.  This is on his tombstone in SC and also on the tombstone erected by the Daughters of the American Republic as he served in the SC Militia during the Revolution.  And this is what my grandfather passed down to me.  What I am investigating is who his father and siblings were.  I also question that Nathaniel was my Moses's father.  The little paragraph on Nathaniel's page at the end of the site I sent you doesn't align with the dates listed above it.  It also says, John the oldest son, did not go to Tennessee.   By the records they show, Moses is older than John.  I know he never came to TN.  I grew up in southern NC, just across the state line from where my Moses is buried.  That is where all of his children lived--some for generations to come.  I now live in TN--quite coincidently near the mentioned Turnbull Baptist founded by a Daniel Parker.  I'm uncertain as to the relationship between TN DAniel and VA/SC Moses.  That's also what I am trying to prove or disprove. Any suggestions for me to follow?

• Lets start with those in Franklin County GA. Between 1798 and 1805 there were 4 Parker in tax list.

Moses Parker

John Parker (Thought to be Elder John)

Aaron Parker, without doubt this is my Aaron Parker land he had in 1801, later taxes pay by  John Raborn and than Joel Raborn

Robert Parker (1798) who is this?

I have often wonder if  my Aaron PArker was a brother of Elder John Parker, no proof.

I know that many Franklin County GA families went to TN,   My Aaron PArker went to some where in TN after GA as children were born there.  He is in MS before 1813 and possible as early as 1809.   I know that many Haley, Raborn and Parker families went to Dickson County TN area.   These same families also show up in Mississippi with connects to my Aaron PArker.

• I am almost  certain that this Moses Parker is not the same as my ggg grandfather.  My Moses is listed in the 1810 census of Marlboro County, SC.  My grandfather was pretty knowledgable about family history back to Moses being born in Culpeper VA.. Beyond that nothing in oral family history. There was never any mention of him living in GA., but I suppose it could be possible if he later returned to SC.  I know he was in SC during the American Revolution---can't find anything again until the 1810 census where it also shows he had 2 childen by then.    I've sort of hit a dead end with only speculation as leads.

What does the Franklin Co GA tax list about Moses?  Any other clues about him there?

• Does this Daniel Parker have anything to do with the Daniel PArker who was the brother of Elder John PArker.   I believe that john's brother died in 1818 in Dickson TN

• It may be a different Daniel Parker, but I have recently found information that my ggg grandfather Moses (b 1744 in VA) was a brother of Elder John (b.1758 Baltimore) and of Daniel (b.1750 Baltimore).  This Daniel did in fact move to Dickson Co Tenn and began Turnbull Baptist Church which still exists.  It is located not far from me.  This Daniel died in TN

The birth date and location matches this Daniel, but not the rest of his history. 

• I sure would like to see your information on Moses being a brother to Elder John.

I found that there was info on Susannah a sister, and brother Daniel, but that is as far as I have gotten.

Nancy Bundrick

• Nancy...my research in line with your research..I have copy of a letter that my GG uncle(Robert L bob Parker)l"writes to his daughter Irena Parker in 1907, where he states that" my great grandfather Parker was named Robert Parker direct from England to North Carolina and Virginia. My grandfather was Isaac Parker. First cousin to the Isaac Parker whom Parker Co was named for and related to Cynthia Ann Parker-mother of the Indian Quanah Parker Chief of the Comanche Nation." My brother has agree to do YDNA testing. Robert Parker(born 1735) was my GGGGG grandfather if testing proves that we are in that line. we shall see...
          • And it is our line. So is your G-G grandfather was a son of Moses. (If Moses and elder John were brothers)

If so he would be a first cousin of Isaac Parker, uncle of Cynthia Ann.

Sure would be nice to see who the parents were.

This reply was deleted.