Burl Parker b1887 in Alabama

I have been trying to find info on my great grandfather Burl Parker for years.  I can not find any info on his father, his mother was possibly Sallie. I know he lived in Kentucky where my grandfather, Burl Parker Jr was born before moving back to Shelby Alabama.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Kim, Use the search tab, enter Burl, not Parker and push the magnifier.
    • I have, many many times over the years since joining this site along with every other site and search engine
      • Did you find the list of children that included burl? Brick walls are the worse! My GGGF Daniel Parker eludes me still after 37 years of research I have not found his parents, nor those of his presumed wife, Mary, of course. Mike
        • The only thing I have found looks like he had a brother named Mckinley and his mother Sallie remarried to RL Brown. McKinley was listed as stepson on the census and it looked as Burl was already married and lived next to them. I am beyond frustrated because with the sources available and the time frame it seems like I should be able to find something. My living relatives do not know. The name George was mentioned at one time and I have search what seems like a thousand George Parkers. I know the info is out there somewhere, I just haven't found it yet. I am waiting on military service and personal records but that is delayed for an unknown amount of time due to COVID.
          • Did you find Burl Parker data to complete your search?
          • Have the Census Records for 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940. You may already have all this information. 1900 Shelby County, Alabama Federal Census. 1910 Etowah County, Alabama Federal Census. 1920 Walker County, Alabama Federal Census. 1930 Perry County, Kentucky Federal Census. 1940 Shelby County, Alabama Federal Census. Brothers and sisters of Burl Junior from 1940 Census. Germaine age 19, Ruth 17, Robert 16, Burl 14, J C12, Dorothy 9, Kenneth R 6, Billie? 4, Fay 2. Many young children in these Census. Coal Miner. You should get a death certificate and death record for Burl Parker Senior. May list father and mother name. Sallie or Sarah is the mother of Burl Parker Junior. Middle initial may be C. Burl may have married someone before Lue or Lou. 1910 Census Burl mother is married to Robert Lee Brown living on Little Valley Road, number 120. 2 pages away there is a Burl Parker and Mollie Parker liiving with their son Jessie C Parker. They are living on Little Valley Road, number 131. Precinct number 23. Sheet number 17A and Sheet number 18A. Also look for any death record for any Parker 1887 on up to Sallie marriage of Robert Lee Brown. May be Sallie first husband and father of Burl Senior. Sallie born 1862 so where is everyone in 1880. Don't know yet. There is a Berly son, born 1862 living in Georgia. No idea if he is the father of Burl Parker Senior. Or if somehow they are related. Also might consider doing DNA if you have not already. Once again not sure what research you have completed so far.
This reply was deleted.