Replies

• Jevette, Have you entered your Dad's DNA data into Y-Search.com? It is the Family Tree DNA database. They have a system to convert data produced by Ancestry Com. It would give you a better chance to compare to a great many more tested. Their search system allows you to search by a specific User ID and to limit "DNA Distance/Difference" - I recommend selecting no more than 3 genetic differences for a 43-marker test.
  • I am alos in group & and can not figure out how i am connected to those in the group my father is P220
  • My gggrandfather was Elisha Parker, born Gates County as was his wife Penelope. They moved early to Hertford County where they lived, and raised their 5 children. The oldest - Dossie - went to Texas and was my ggrandfather. I have not been able to discover who Elisha's parents were. I am also in groupe 7/DNA - one of the 2 connected to Elisha. Bill Parker
  • My oldest known Parker is William (possily) Parker born in Edgecomb, N.C. about 1790....moved to Georgia and first known document verifying this is a marriage license in 1809 - Jefferson County, Ga. Now what do I do with this information?
    • Jean, Is Edgecomb a city or county? Look for him in the 1810 census in Georgia. Mike
      • Now know William R. Parker was born in Onslow County, North Carolina.....moved to Jefferson Co., Ga. by 1809.
        Am really interested in his first son - William R. Parker, Jr. born in 1808 to William and Rebeccak Williams Parker in Duplin County, N.C. .Rebeccak died in childbirth. I believe since William was so young that possibly the Williams grandparents took the baby to raise. The WRParker, Jr. was married abt. 1846 in Duplin County, North Carolina where the Parkers and Williams lived. I believe William Parker, Jr. married a Sally ?
        Any info would be appreciated. Jean
  • problem is there is not enough info from the other families to connect our Joseph Parker 1819/1827 AL to them. There was one family that I thought we would have matched to . Moses.elisha,peter Parker from AL in the same time frame. Those families deny the fact of joseph although they do say our family name patterns match. I think some one had a son out of their marriage. This would be why they would not know. It seems to be a pattern in our Parker line for some reason. lol I am working o n it still. I need to find Parker's that came to Texas early on and fought in the Republic for the documents i own say Joseph did fight. 1819-1875 are his years. no one knows for sure where he lived till 1847 in Cherokee Co where he married. I am running the Washington Co. TXGenWeb site now and I have come into a few things but still not matching. We may never know.
    • Hi Jevette,

I have seen you are in Family Group 7 as I am, through my brother's Y DNA test. Only problem is, our last name is Graydon. We are trying to figure out who was born a Parker and raised as a Graydon. We think it may have happened around 1780 in SC, maybe Laurens Co.. I see that you mention someone having a son out of marriage. Just wondering if you know more about that or what timeframe?

Elizabeth

• no still nothing.  he was born 1819 according to Texas records i bought from the state . How close of a match is your brothers dna to my dad's he is p220?
This reply was deleted.