Chelmsford and Malden, MA Parkers

Hello!I am currently investigating my Parker line which descends from Massachusetts. My father had one line traced back to England, but after much research I recently disproved some of the research he had done. I have some leads on who might possibly be the ancestors of my line based on other trees at Ancestry.com, but for me this is not concrete proof. I need vital records, deeds, wills, etc. as valid sources before I can conclude anything.Is anyone related to the Thomas Parker-Rebecca Danforth line from Malden, MA? Any information/possible sources on this line would be wonderful.Lauren

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This is the most definitive resource on the Chelmsford Parkers. It does not have the errors that "Savage's" Parker lineage has and makes the point of the Chelmsford Parkers coming from the English area of Chelmsford and Billerica with sources mentioned at the Chelmsford, England church records.

I have visited the church in Great Burstead, England this year, but the earliest stone in the churchyard in 1700's. The Sarah (Parker) Converse mentioned in this report is not mentioned in the church burial yard at South Weald, a site I also visited.
    • I'm headed there this summer for a quick stop on my way - do you have recommendations with respect to Great Burstead?

Regards,

Jack Parker

• I am looking for info re Thomas Parker b 1609 in England, d Reading, MA 1683. Do you anything on him? Thanks!
    Sandy
    • hello,thomas parker came here in 1635 from england aboard a ship you can see a picture of on radford family tree,,,this is my tree on parker side of my proud family,,anyways i have it on ancestry.com,but i have it as a open tree so i do believe you can go on rootsweb.com,and access it,,if not please rite back,and i will give you what i found after many hours of long long yet so fun research on this our very proud line,also thomas parker b.1609,the same as afore mentioned our gggggreat grandfather became a minute men for the revolutionary war ,,he was a very brave,honorable,man with a very rich history he was among the first on the battle field at lexington virginia,after he,and neighbors got the call about the british coming from paul revere himself,,our brave ancestor heeded the call,and met the british,,,,stating quotes that to this day we are taught in history ,,,this my kin is the blood that runs through our lines,,,,i am proud to carry such strength in my self,and children ,and im thinking we are all apart of who we came from,,,,in our case i was pleasantly surprised,,and i carry our parker gene's with grace,,,looking forward to corresponding your kin in beautiful alaska,,shannon
  • Lauren,
    My line comes from MA as well. I just looked up my info and there are some Parkers in my line that came from Chelmsford. Most of them came from Groton, Billerica and Woburn, MA. In fact there is a marriage between two Parkers which makes me connected to another line.
    One line goes back to Abraham Parker, b. 6FEB1619 in England and died 12AUG1685 in Chelmsford. Some info I have received is that Abraham was the first Parker in the U.S.. My other line that goes back to England is Capt. James Parker b. 18JUL1618/9 in England and died 1701 in Groton, MA.
    Anyway I have a lot of info on these Parkers, in fact one of Capt James' sons married a Mary Danforth. Also Capt. James' father was Thomas,, he married twice once to a Ellen ? and second to Eunice Carter or Brooks.
    Check some of your father's names and info and get back to me. We might have a connection.

John Richardson
    • hello,i am connected to this line all the way back to before thomas parker b.england ,,became a minute men for the revolutionary war,,all the way thru capt.john parker,william jacob parker b.1796,,addison parker b.1820,walton parker born 1849,william jacob parker was born in tennessee ,,his father john parker born in mass.died in tennessee,john's father josiah all from mass.back to virginia,,the battle at lexington virginia,,the start of revolutionary war,,any ways {sorry i get long winded,,especially doing this parker research on ancestry .com i have just crashed thru what were before brick wall's,,,the family ended up going thru,and several of them staying in alabama in the early 1800's then many where i came from ended up in mississippi ,,,the brother that ended up in ky.his children our other cousin's ended up in texas,,,this family line all the way back to 1400's is on ancestry.com,,radford family tree,,i have found where we all branch off,,to all these states on parker heritage,,,please forward this if you like ,,,i found this info...so very very breathetakingly fascinating,,we certainly come from strong brave courageous gene's ,,,looking forward to your response shannon from beautiful alaska,,
      • Hi, please show the direct lineage of the Parkers referenced in the above. I don't see your connection to Thos. Parker b. 1609 the ancestor of Capt. John famous at the battle of Lexington, MA.
        there were 5 Parker brothers who came from Great Burstead England circa/aft. 1635 (Capt. James, Joseph, Abraham, Jacob, and John). Thomas b. 1609 was thought to be a 6th brother by some historians or "at least a cousin".
        The Jacob you list in a subsequent correspondence is the jacob brother to Capt. James, Joseph, Abraham, & John.
        Looking forward to hearing from you. karen parker galvin
    • I believe that my first ancestor Jacob Parker was the brother of an Abraham and htey both came from Woburn, MA. Jacob left for Chelmsford after a while but he originally landed in Woburn with a few brothers. Rebecca Danforth was also from Billerica, she was most likely related in some may to your Mary Danforth. Rebecca was the daughter of Jonathan Danforth (1659-1711) and the granddaughter of Nicholas Danforth (d. 1683)
      The direct line goes like this:

Jacob Parker (b. 1626 d. 1669) m. Sarah Wise (b. 1627 d. 1708)

Jacob Parker 2nd (b. 1652 d. 1694) m. Joanna Call (b. 1659 d. 1737)

Thomas Parker (b. 1681 d. 1760) m. Rebecca Danforth (b. 1683 d. 1758)

David Parker (b. 1710 d. 1760) m. Mary Upham (b. 1715 d. 1795)

William Parker (b. 1745 d. 1825) m. Mary Warner (b. 1753 d. 1811)

William Parker 2nd (b. 1775 d. 1855) m. Betsy Wyatt (b. 1785 d. 1869)

Joshua Wyatt Parker (b. 1812 d. 1893) m. Eliza McQuigg (b. 1817 d. 1901)

Frank A. Parker (b. 1850 d. 1918) m. Mary Ellen Radcliffe (b. 1850 d. 1932)

Frank R. Parker (b. 1873 d. 1935) m. Evelyn Lane (b. 1874 d. 1938)

Florence Parker (b. 1903 d. 1987) m. Nemesio Rodriguez (b. 1895 d. 1988)

Mary Parker Rodriguez (b. 1930 d. 2006) m. Antonio Q----- (b. 1927)

Angela Q------ (b. 1959) m. Michael Socha (b. 1959 d. 2000)

ME (b. 1982) m. Nicholas P-------- (b. 1982)

Benny (b.2006) and Lucy (b. 2008)
      • I see you've already hooked up with Karen, so I won't rehash old news.  I was curious about your putting Jacob in Salem, I see the reference to Malden (which I also find puzzling), I don't see one for Salem.  I had figured the brothers for Middlesex county, although it's not like the towns are light years apart.

Regards,

Jack Parker

(descendant of James Parker - Jacobs brother)

• I'll do some more digging!
This reply was deleted.