Samuel Parker

I have hit a wall in my genealogy search. My family and I are from Cherokee County Alabama. We moved to Sand Rock in the late 1800s from Cleveland Tenn. My 4th Generation grandfather Samuel M Parker was born there in 1835. The fathers names are listed as follows:Darren Parker- (me)Kenneth Parker (father)Elbert Parker (Grandfather) born in SandRock , Alabama. Had 12 Children. Married to Neil Fay WilkersonHerbert Parker (Great Grand Father) born in Sand Rock, Alabama, Had 10 Children. Married to Flora CaseySamuel M. Parker (Great-Great Grand Father) born in Cleveland, TN. Marred Rebecca Johnson from North Carolina. I believe they had 10 childrenJohn Parker father of Samuel.

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I BELIEVE SAMUEL PARKER IS THE BROTHER OF MY WILLIAM JACOB PARKER BORN IN 1796ESH IN TENNESSEE HI S FATHER WAS JOHN PARKER,,I JUST CANT FIND WHICH JOHN HE WAS JOHN THE FATHER WAS BORN IN NORTH CAROLINA {WHICH I TAKE TO MEAN TERRITORY }COULD BE NORTH,MAYBE SOUTH IT WAS DISPUTED TERRITORY BACK THEN,,MY PARKER CAME FROM VIRGINIA .TO CAROLINA'S TO TENNESSEE TO GEORGIA {SOME OF THE SONS MARRIED INTO THE DAVIS FAMILY,AND LEWIS FAMILIES }{THESE WHERE VERY PROMINENT FAMILIES THAT MARRIED INTO OURS,,BUT OUR KINSMEN WHERE AFTER ALL VERY VERY VERY PROMINENT ALSO ,,
    MY TAKE IS SOME OF THEM ENDED UP WITH LAND GRANTS ,,FOR LAND IN MISSISSIPPI ,AND ALABAMA,,MINE ENDED UP HERE IN MISS.AND LOUISIANA,,,I FOUND SOME VERY PROUD MOMENTS IN HISTORY OF OUR CLAN,,,I AM VERY PROUD,,,WE HAVE A VERY INTERESTING HISTORY,,,YOUR CUZ IN BEAUTIFUL ALASKA,,SHANNON
  • Hi Darren,
    I have had my Parker line Y-DNA tested. We are in Parker Family Group # 1. If you have hit your brick wall, I would very much advise you to take the test. It is very simple. You just gently scrape the inside of your cheek for a little bit of skin sample with two swabs and send off. Dennis West is very helpful to answer any of your questions. Y-DNA testing has opened up doors for our Parker group. We found a cousin over in Kirby Hill, North Yorkshire, England. We have 14 matches so far. Go for it, Darren! Please let me know if you need any help with the process. I am willing to help you.
    • Kathy,

I now have the results of my DNA test...it is a bit overwhelming....any idea how to start. I have 460+ matches to my 12 marker and 1 on my 37 marker. I am contacting the 37 marker, but have no idea where to start on the others.
    • Thank you for the note, perfect timing. I just started getting data back from FamilyDNA. I plan to review the data during the holiday break.

DP
      • Very good, Darren! My testing company of choice is Family Tree DNA. The reason I prefer it, is because they give you your own personal page, and keep you posted on the progress of your testing procedure. There are other excellent companies which can do it, but do not have the offerings I mentioned.
  • Hello Darren, I am Mike Parker, of Fort Payne, AL. We are different lines but wanted to say hello since we are geographically close. My line is Daniel b1822, SC-Cicero b1849,GA-David b1878, DeKalb Co.,AL-Bennie b 1914,DeKalb Co.,AL-Bobby Ray b1938, DeKalb Co., AL then me born 1956 in Fort Payne. Cicero made a trek through Cherokee Co. and I think his oldest son was born there. Keep in touch, Mike
This reply was deleted.