what do you think?

ok i need some help here or even just advice. I have done my genealogy for 3 years now and have come really far. I have collected all birth and death records that were available to get along with probate,family records,pictures,war records,pension,etc. I always thought the census for josephus parker (aka joe&joseph) were off. There were only 2 found so far for 1850& 1860 . I know he is in a 1870 somewhere since he didn't die until August,1875. When I recieved Josephus Parker's pension records his wife nancy aka NA stated his death of death was august 20,1875. Her pension was denied to say the least. I came across a land document for the sale of land given to her through a land donation or something. This led to more questions and the finding of a republic of texas land donation to nancy ann for joseph parker. She is listed as N A Parker. Nancy could not write at all neither could joseph. Whatever she said someone wrote in court. she signed with an X. In these vouchers she had to prove her husband served in the republic army. This was proven in a 2 year time span. Many men in various counties of polk.anderson,and houston county swore testimony in court to joseph parker having 3 names he went by but all were the same man. Joseph A Parker,Joe,and Josephus A Parker. One of these men was Daniel Parker Jr. of Anderson county. He testified to knowing joseph very well. The date of his death listed among one document that a court reporter or whatever they were called was August 7,1875. This is what puzzles me. the month and year are the same as nancy puts in the pension.(someone else filled out for her) Could this have been just a typomy problem is this: some )people don't want to believe this is our josephus parker. some say well the dates don't match( same month same yearher name is only N A Parker ( Nancy Ann Allen Parker)some say but his census says b. al 1826 2 years in a rowto me its the same man but i need to be sure. there was no other joseph parker with the wife na parker but josephus. i believe its the same man. the records also stated she lived in houston county and well she did so did josephus 1850 til death.what do you guys think on all this?

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Seems to me that you have proven this fact, until someone proves you wrong. I would have to agree with your feelings. Go with it!
  • Jevette, You are doing all that is humanly possibleand have accumulated the RIGHT documents. Go with your gut on this until PROVEN wrong by authoritive documents.

One researcher has been stymied for years because his Parker went into Mexico following/during the Civil War and even though Mexico kept pretty good records he was not found for a 30 year period.
    • thanks Jim!! I am sticking to my gut so until anyone can prove my documents wrong i will stay with it. the only thing is there are some personal issues i have with it all and our family cemetery plaque.,etc.
This reply was deleted.