If there are any descendants of this Thomas Parker b. 1609 out there who are male and carry the "Parker" surname, it would be great if you would participate to the Parker DNA project; Group #10 has descendants of the 5 Parker Brothers (Capt. James b. 1617, Abraham, Joseph, John & Jacob) who emigrated to the Chelmsford, Billerica, Woborn, Groton, MA areas. There are some historians who are of the opinion that Thomas b. 1609 was a 6th brother or "at least a cousin" and it would be interesting to see what DNA sampling adds to this controversy. karen parker-galvin, descendant of Capt. James Parker

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Karen, my name is Terrell Earl Parker II.  I was born in Rhode Island, but I can trace my family to Massachusetts.  I can only go back to my Great Grandfather Horace Francis Parker who was born on July 15, 1870.  He died March 15, 1946 and was married to Hattie Gertrude Cummins or Cummings May 11, 1896.  I sure wish I could get the connections beyond my Great Grandfather, but have not had much luck and it has been an on again off again pursuit since I was about 17 years old.  I am 49 years old now.  In any case, I am interested in this as I have some suspicion that I may be able to trace back to Captain John Parker who participated in the Revolutionary war and the Battle of Lexington.  I simply have not been able to make the connection.  I am a Colonel in the United States Army and many of my family members served in the military including my brother and Father.  It would be real exciting for me to prove that I had a relative who served in the revolutionary war.

• Hi Terrell, always nice to meet another Parker.  If you go back to Capt. John of Lexington fame your emigrant ancestor would be Thomas Parker b. 1609 England.  Thomas settled in Reading, MA.  To ensure to which line you descend, I recommend you participate in the Parker DNA project.  Dennis West is a Web Master and can give you info. (google search Parker DNA Project on the internet).   It is easy testing and relatively inexpensive...There are numerous Parker groups listed in the DNA project grouped by DNA with paper lineage documented.  Good Luck.

karen parker-galvin 7th great grand daughter of Capt. James Parker 1617 England-1701 Groton, MA

• I'm at my summer home in Maine right now but when I get back to R.I. next Tuesday. (These Parkers migrated to western Maine years ago after having originally lived in/ founding fathers of Woburn) I'll have to go over the Parker lineage my uncle did before he died...............but.............I believe there might be a connection to the Parker's from Woburn/Chelmsford. Many of those names seem to be familiar.
    • It appears my lineage comes from Abraham Parker, b. 1612.........d.8/12/1685 in Chelmsford, Ma. Married a Rose Whitlock of Woburn, Ma.........who d. 11/13/1691 in Chemlsford. The lineage, researched by my uncle.......... Don Parker...........is quite detailed from that date forward to me. I don't know if this is of any value to you. I have additional information available from his research if needed.
      • My linage comes directly from Abraham Parker and Captain James Parker and thier children ...Mary Parker (Abraham Parkers daughter) and James Parker (Captain James Parkers son)  Mary and James were cousins.   Mary Parker and James Parke were killed by Indians.  Thier son Samuel is in my direct linage down to my father Theodore Parker.
        • I also descend from Capt. James & Eliz. Long, via their son Samuel and Abigail Lakin. I would be happy to share info with you and to add your lineage to my data base.  My email address is karengalvinatmedotcom.  regards,  karen parker-galvin
          • Thanks for the help.  I tried writing your email address and I am having trouble getting it to send.   So here is my email address and maybe you can write me:  cave_woman1960@yahoo.com   

We share the same common ancestor Samuel and Abigail.  This is exciting to know.   I come down the line from Samuels son Samuel and his son Samuel and his son Samuel..I think there was three or four Samuels before my gr gr gr great grandfather Elias was born.   Elias's son was Orange Parker and Orange's son was David Parker and his son was Robert Parker my grandfather and he had my father Theodore Parker.    Which one of Samuel's children does your line come from?    Thanks again and if you have any questions please ask and I will answer the best I can.   Take care

• hi sherry,  It looks like we share the same emigrant ancestor with Capt. James but you have a double connect via his brother Abraham.  But I think we descend from different Samuels.  I from Capt. James' son Samuel and you from Capt. James' son James through James Jr.'s son Samuel.   send me your email address and I will show you what I have on your line.  regards. karen parker-galvin

karengalvinatmedotcom.

• Here is my email address:  cave_woman1960@yahoo.com        Your ancestor Samuel and my ancestor James Jr.  were brothers.   I think this is exciting and will wait for you to email me.    My line comes through Mary and James..you are right there is a double connection there.   I am the only one in my immediate family doing research so the rest of my sibilings are really happy I am doing this.  
      • Please post your line so that I may add your info to my data base. I have much of Abraham's line documented but probably do not have your info. I can also send you what I have. regards, karen parker galvin or karen galvin at mac dot com (no spaces, all lower case)
This reply was deleted.