ever feel like.........

do you ever feel like no one respects what your doing? I mean its hard when your the only one researching your family and others don't help out. but when you get something mostly right but leave out a few details you couldn't find ,people are quick to call you out on it. yeah I feel that way right now. No one listens when they should,nor do they contribute but quick to take your hard work,and are rude about it in the end. lol maybe i need to vent sorry.

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Jevette,
    I can certainly identify with your feelings! How about compiling a BOOK about your Parkers? That is what I have undertaken out of necessity. Most of my family does NOT care about genealogy. I have one son who appreciates it to a degree. He went with me to a family reunion last year and was transformed! Especially my husband can't stand the time I spend on it at all. It hurts a lot, but I am doing it for my mom who is now deceased. I was hoping it would be finished before she died, but there is just too much to do. There isn't anyone who can actually give me hands on help. I undertook it when one cousin's wife lost everything in a house fire that she had collected for the genealogy, and another one lost everything she had in a hurricane. That totally scared me! So, I took on the enormous task. It is VERY rewarding, though, and I feel like some of my blood, sweat, and tears will be included with the book. Hey, you certainly have a sympathizer here. Warm regards, Kathy Jo Bryant
    • thanks kathy. how do you ever know you are 100% right? the more someone doubts me the more i question myself. I know I am right but........ what if i am not? if i had someone to show my findings to that would share what they think i would feel better. I think only true genealogist like ourselves can understand that census and other records have typos at times.
      • Hi Jevette,
        There are only certain things you can be sure of. Yes, many times the census takers have been wrong on the spellings of folk's names. Not only census takers, but ANYONE who has transcribed documents can be at fault. I have run into this multiple times. I believe the most important tool we have now, is the Y-DNA testing. This can prove just which line is yours in any given surname. I have had excellent results with it.
        Maybe you could post what you have questions on, and we can see what you have. Kathy Jo
        • ok i think i may have before? not sure the real question is that i have documents on joseph parker and everything in them seems to match what i already had. I want to know if the documents are the same man as in my family joseph parker. some people think yes and others no. the others think not going by just census records. I am confused. I am not sure how to post it without showing the documents but its 20 something pages worth . I will post something
          • Hi Jevette,
            Maybe you could put things in a nut shell. My great grandfather was Joseph Parker 1844-1933. Kathy Jo
            • what do you mean? i don't know much about your line besides it comes from lemuel parker right? from al?
              • Yes, Joseph Parker, youngest son of Lemuel Parker. Lemuel Parker was born in NC. The records show he was born in either Beaufort or Northampton County, NC. Lemuel died in Ozark, Dale Co., AL. Lemuel was son of David, and David was son of Saul. Saul was son of Amos Parker of Perquimans and Chowan Co., NC Kathy Jo
              • excuse me joseph parker 1844 was of the NC parker's who went over to AL.
  • Jevette,
    Amen! You are preaching to the choir. I have first cousins who withhold common history. Other cousins who ask for my research then pitch a fit because I list the surnames of their children same as their fathers even though cousin had the childrens' given names and surnames changed after the divorce. Genetic surname other than Parker does not make you a Parker. Mike
    • lol um yeah and un genetic surname ,in my case, does! lol we are really parker but got stuck with another man's name that wasn't related. Yeah I have had trouble with everyone wanting my research but they won't share theirs. I do all the work and they reap from it. Drives me nuts!!!!!!
This reply was deleted.