Replies

• Jim, I'm descended from Millie's brother James, he was in Robertson Co., TN in time to serve in the West TN militia during War of 1812. Then was in Henry County, TN by 1830, died there about 1852. He married (1) Rebecca Read, large family and (2) Rebecca Kykendel Barton, no issue. Millie and James' father was not the one you name, but a younger "Francis", husband of Candace Powell, I've been told.

Do you know anything of Millie and James' guardianship in Edgecombe Co., NC ? Who were they put with?

Jean
    • Jean, I am new to this site, so bear with me if I'm posting at the wrong place.  I, too, am descended from James Parker and Rebecca Read.  I'm interested to know if you have any idea of their marriage date or have any sources?  I've exhausted all of mine.

Thanks!

Donna

• Cousin, see my "friend" request!

Jean

• Jean, Sorry but I can not add any more to what you have and what you have said changes things in my database.
      This is not my line; I researched it because a Yarbrough descendant took the Yarbrough DNA Project test.
      Should I find any court record information on Millie and James, I will come back to you on it.
      • Jim, We are participating in the Parker DNA project, but are in the "unmatched-yet" group. So we know who we're NOT a match to, but are quite sure about James' parents, and maternal grandparents. This was my brick wall, and have now found all three wives of my gr grandfather (James' grandson) to have been Henry County, TN. "girls". He was widowed twice, then married a childhood neighbor in his later years.

James and Permilia's maternal grandfather William Powell made a bequest to them in Edgecombe Co., NC. Will look in my "files" (piles!) if it might help you.

Thanks for your quick response!
        Jean
        • I have a "OOOPPS. What I meant to list was :
          Francis Parker 1692-1746 VA m Elizabeth Thomas b 1715.
          Francis Parker 1744-???? Edgecombe CN m Candace Zada Powell 1741-1792
          Permilia Millie Parker 1774-1846 m William Yarbrough

All of this is taken from other researchers and their online trees.
          The William Yarbrough born Bet. 1765 - 1775 Halifax Edgecombe NC and died 1840 Green Co IL is from the research of the Yarbrough DNA Project participant.
          Permilia Millie Parker being the wife of this William Yarbrough is documented in the National Yarbrough Archives.
          • Jim,
            Is this your Millie Parker Yarbrough's line?
            Jean
            • Jean,

It is not my line. The Millie Parker-Yarbrough line belongs to a participant in our Yarbrough DNA Project. I try and confirm the lineages through my own research and extend them as much as possible.

I am connected to two other and different Parker lines.
              • Don't know if this is new to you, but...

November, 1793
                Deed of Sale:FRANCIS PARKER to FIGURES LEWIS-proved by Exum Lewis, Jr.

November, 1794
                Figures Lewis appointed guardian to James and Milly Parker orphans of Francis Parker-500 pound bond with Etheldred Philips and Exum Philips, Sec.

Both from: usgenarchives.net.nc.edgecombe/court/1784.txt
                • Thanks, I appreciate the information.
This reply was deleted.