DNA

Family Tree DNA has returned my 25 marker test. I am group I1c,.That places me in Parker family 22., and have matched two people in Texas on all 25 points. This is good news, as it tells me my family tree is correct back to 1772. I also got a lead from these relatives that we believe is our immigrant. That was John Parker, born in England in 1720, and died in Wilkes Co. North Carolina. A member here is also a descendant of this John M. Parker b. 1772, d. in Whitley Co. KY. A record I received through him verified the places, and I was very excited to learn these facts. I thank Kathy Jo Bryant for her recommendation for this test, and will say it is the best way to go. If you can afford it, I would strongly advise this test! It has saved me many hours of research, sometimes in the wrong direction!

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Update:, It seems my old haplogroup, I1c, has been deleted. I am still Family 22, but haplogroup has changed to I2b. I have no idea why.
    • Raymond,

I know I sent you the new Haplo Tree but I am posting this for others so they know. They have just changed all the haplogroups for Y-DNA since they have discovered new SNP's and put out a new tree so your haplogroup may now change. You can always contact Family Tree DNA should you get a new Haplogroup.

Jodi
    • Hi Raymond,
      I am not up on haplotypes, but Dennis West should be able to answer this question for you. Kathy Jo
      • I will call him Monday. It's great having him in the same place.
        • Yes, it is. He has been very helpful to me.
  • Aha, Raymond! I love these kinds of results! I think an excellent way to help our Parker Heritage site, here, is by this means. At least it will help those who are related, to be working on the same Parker family genealogy...lol. I'm so happy for you, and know you will continue to pass the good word around. I would advise for you to begin a blog for Parker family Group # 22. What say you?
  • Raymond, I agree. Do the DNA test. It is worth the money. I was stuck at ggg-gf Daniel Parker for years. Observed the Parker DNA project run by Dennis West for 2 years before joining. I have exact matches for Parker cousins unknown to me with possibly a link to the immigrant from England. I even match a Parker living in England today. This is a new twist on genealogy in that I have names for ancestors with my exact DNA and am working forward to try to link to my Daniel. I usually have worked backward from Daniel. Do the DNA-I am thrilled with the results. Michael R. Parker, O.D.
This reply was deleted.