Do any of you have info on these Parkers....or on Wyley Watson Parker b. 1809 NC moved to TX 1839. I have Wyley Watson in TX. And William Patterson After he marries Martha. I would like to know if there is any connection to these two Parkers.These are my roadblocks. and these are my g-g-g-grandfathers.

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Mildred,
    I have one or more documents mentioning a Wilie Parker, and sometime it's spelled Willie. These are either from Northampton or Bertie Counties in NC. Maybe you need to give more info on these Parkers.
    • I don't know the parents or syblings of William Patterson or of Wiley Watson. I only know the date birth date as 1811 on William Patterson because it is listed as that in the Caldwell Family Bible. Which I obtained from the Parker Family Forum. He and Martha (Patsey) had 10 children, Mary Abney, Patterson, William Reese, John Floyd, Nancy Ann E., David Allen, Cloe Amanda, Martha Frances, Louise Virginia, Sarah L.. John Floyd Parker came to Smith Co TX in about 1896. His son John William came to Shelby Co. TX and married Nancy Wilburn. John William "Will", as he perfered and is the only given name on his tomb, and Nancy had 11 children, Floyd Lyhue born 1891, Roy Lee, Robert James, Gary, Willie, Elizabeth, Ralph Wilburn, Ethel Jewell, Laura Emily, Annie Camilla, Ruby Susan born 1915. Will and Nancy moved to San Augustine Co TX where all their children grew met and most if not all married. I am as you can see a direct descendent of William Patterson. But that is as far back as I can go on him.

On Wiley Watson Parker b. 1809 the San Augustine Co census have him listed here in 1839. He was married to a Jereba Jordan as his second wife. His first first 4 children Mary A, Elizabeth, Thomas, Sterling, Josephine,. Other children
      not known. Josephine married Samuel Albert Cartwright Henley. They had several children Marion Watson, Geneva, John Albert, Josephine, Marion, Mary Ann "Polly", Marlee Warren, Donnie Tennessee "Tennie", Aldophus Cornelius "Doss", Ella Mae. My Grandfather is Marlee Warren. So as you can see I am a direct descendant of Wiley Watson also. He is also my ROAD BLOCK.

Can anyone help? Both men have listed NC as birth places as for Counties, I don't know . I need parents or syblings of these two men to go back farther.
      Thanks
      Mildred
      • Mildred, I would look seriously at the Abney family surname. Was Mary the first child? If she was, Abney could have been either William's or Martha's connecting surname. You also have Patterson, Wiley, Watson, Reece, Allen and Floyd. Those are also surnames, and can those of either side, too.
        • Hello Mildred,

There was another William Patterson Parker (25 Sep 1862 - 12 Nov 1938) who was born in Cleveland County, NC & died in Burke County, NC. He was a son of William L Parker (12 Dec 1832 - 05 Mar 1901) & his wife Susan Cook Parker (12 Jun 1835 - 16 Dec 1915) .

William L & Susan were both born in Rutherford County, NC, died & are buried in Cleveland County, NC. William L. Parker's parents were Andrew Parker (c1790 - 17 Nov 1857) who was born in Rutherford County & died in Cleveland County, NC & Nancy Lucas (21 Oct 1791 - 13 Oct 1854) who was born in Virginia and died in Cleveland County, NC.

To date I've found no Pattersons in this Parker line, and have often wondered if William Patterson Parker was named after the governor. Our NC ancestors had a habit of naming their children after respected patriots. William Patterson was a soldier, signer of the US Constitution, a governor of New Jersey, and appointed to the Supreme Court by George Washington.

In our area we had a minister named Drury Dobbins. Nearly every family in the surrounding area had a child named Drury Dobbins (surname inserted). Andrew Jackson was popular, as was Hamilton, had them both running rampant in my Parker family. Francis Marion (the Swamp Fox) was the popular name in SC.
          • Hello Ms. Parker-Proctor,

I am a direct descendant of Andrew, William L., William P., Wesley, and Frank Parker... Andrew is about as far back as I can trace my family... do you have any info that precedes Andrew? Only since the internet did I become aware of him. I have a copy of an old photo/likeness rendering of William L. and Susan C. Parker, which hung in my grandfather's (Wesley) house.

Thanks- Robert E. Parker
            Vale, NC
            • Hello Robert, After a very long absence from the Parker Heritage site, I've just run across this message. Cannot belive it's been more than two years, and do hope you are still around. I'm afraid I don't have the answer to your question. I don't k now who Andrew's parents were, same thing with my own William who was born just a few years after your Andrew. I've tried for years to link these two branches of Parkers, but have failed. Same thing with the Lincoln County branch & that of the Grover and Kings Mountain, Waco Parkers. There were nests of them all around us that I'm sure were kin of some sort, but that critical link is escaping me. I do have the names of Andrew's wife Nancy Lucas' parents as he so very kindly left a paper trail. I would truly love to see the likeness of William & Susan. What a treasure. We have no photos in our family past my Grandpa. How fortunate you are. Judy
          • Hi Judith,
            You are correct, of course on naming children after certain officials, ect. I don't keep tract of those, but I look first at possible family names. After that,
            the officials could come next in line...lol. Thanks for your observations.
      • Hi Mildred,
        Thanks for giving more detail on your Parker line. I know there isn't a direct relationship, but I also have one of the branches of my Parker lines which actually includes two intermarried branches, who moved to Shelby Co., TX.
        My great great grandfather was Lemuel Parker. He had a brother named Israel Parker. Lemuel's oldest daughter, Penelope Parker married John Lewis Deloney. One of their daughters, Rosa V. Deloney, married her first cousin, John James Parker, (son of Israel).That whole family went to Shelby Co., TX. The town is Center, Shelby Co., TX.
        I have two of my Parkers who have Adolphus in their names. I think what you need to do, is to locate one of the male descendants of your Parker line, and get them Y-DNA tested. I think this can really give you a shortcut to finding which Parker family group yours are in.
This reply was deleted.