Elizabeth Parker b. 1806 North Carolina

b. 1806 North Carolinam. 23 Dec 1823 Montgomery Co., AL to Samuel Kerr (Carr)d. after 26 Sep 1850 (she shows up on the census notated that day)Children were John N. Kerr (Carr) and Caroline E. Kerr (Carr).Any information on the parents of Elizabeth would be greatly appreciated. I'm pursuing my matrilineal tree and ...let's just say it's not easy in a patriarchal society.

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Any idea what part of NC? Here are some descendants of Drury Parker, whose son Howell married an Elizabeth and they had several Elizabeths to follow:

http://www.gencircles.com/users/dnparker/1/data/299
    • Unfortunately, I have only been able to find the census information (correctly associated children and state/county) and the marriage information for Elizabeth Parker and Samuel Carr. Her exact town of birth has not been available to me so far.

In looking at the link you provided, I'd be pretty surprised if my Elizabeth came from that line because she was born in 1806 (either on or bef 26 Sep 1806 or after 26 Sep 1805) because she was 44 on the census taken on the 26th of Sep 1850.

That would put Howell (the only one with an Elizabeth birth date unknown listed) at 14 when she was born. Not unheard of, but not particularly common, either. Particularly if his wife Nancy was younger than he was.

Thank you for the suggestion of where to look, though!! It is much appreciated. I'd never even heard of that site before.
This reply was deleted.