Parkers in Ca

I did a couple searches and found nothing. My wife inherited her mothers Genology and now she is trying to look into my line.... the parkers. My family seems to get mucky quickly and just checking if any one knows anything about any California Parkers that possibly could be related. Apparently my Grandmothers was from Kern County area in southern California. I have heard, more rumors than factual as far as I know, that we may have been around northern Ca as well throught the 1900's and possibly 1800s.Any Ideas?

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Tom!

I'm looking for other California Parkers myself! (We seem to be quite elusive.) I, too, was born in Southern California. (Fullerton) I was given up for adoption at birth and am looking for my biological father: William Parker. He's about 65 years old now. He lived in Buena Park briefly in 1968. Are there any William Parkers that you are related to? (My father's mother (my grandmother) lived somewhere in the desert north of Los Angeles in 1968.)
  • I don't know if we are related but my grandfather's family moved to L.A. from Wetumka, OK. in the 1930's during the draught. I think they spent time in an area near the Arizona/California state line looking for work & I think also in the Bakersfield area before settling in Los Angeles. I don't think I still have any Parker relatives still in Bakersfield area. I do still have relatives in L.A., Orange county and San Diego county.
    • Lisa- Do you have a relative named William Parker that briefly lived in Southern California? My natural grandmother may have lived in Bakersfield.

Thanks!!!
  • Hi Tom, my name is Damon Parker
    I am from the Kern county area Fresno. what was your father or grandfathers name

my grandfather was Clarence and his father was Charles H Parker
    • Welcome, Damon!
      I hope you have success in finding your family.
  • Welcome, Tom! I would begin with a name, and a time frame. I live in Northern CA.
    • Hi Tom
      I live just south of Sacramento 45 miles. My Parkers were from VA into KY, married a Duncan and went to MO and later in 1860's to CA., Mariposa Co., and then to Tulare Co.
      Without some names, we can't help you.
      Ruth
      • Hi, Ruth. My ancestors are from KY and NC through TN. Maybe I can help.
        • My gg grandfather, Richard Stephen Parker, was born in Eng. in 1853. He came to US as a young man and married Harriett Ellen Taylor in Winnamac IN. Richard and Harriett died within days of one another of consumption in 1878 leaving two children, Lewis Eldon Parker and Charity Alice Parker orphaned.
          Lewis married Lillie May Daugherty in IN and they had 9 children. Charity and John Records had 7 children.
          Lewis and Lillie moved to OK by way of AR and lived in the Hinton, Bridgeport, Geary area for many years. Lewis and Lillie eventually moved to PA. to live with one of their sons and his family until his death in 1939 and hers in 1957.
          Lewis's son, Willie Garrett Parker(1989-1964) was my grandfather, and his son, Marvin Leroy Parker, (1925-2004) was my father.
          I have no idea how to trace Richard Stephen as there are absolutely no family records of his family in England.
          Hope someone can help me
          Jo Ann Parker Biggs
          • Hello Jo Ann,
            I would say the number one thing to do is have a male Parker surname individual get Y-DNA tested. Many are getting great results in finding their Parker family this way.
This reply was deleted.