Hello Parkers!I am looking for connections to my GGrandfather, William Elbert Parker:b. 13 Dec 1892 in ALlived in Dyer Co. TN in the 1920'smarried Cora Lee Ford(b. abt. 1895 TN...d. abt. 1973 IL)and eventually moved to, and died (abt. 1977) in, Flora, IL.Have small amt. of info on her family...equally small amt. about his...Would greatly appreciate info anyone has that would help my search move along...Heard growing up there was Native American (Cherokee or Choctaw) connection from them, but since the search is stalled I don't know if there's any truth to this or not :-)Thank you!Sheri

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ok a bit more for you! sorry but i am sending stuff as i find it all.

J R Ford was born 1839 TN and married? she was from indiana I think she may have died in childbirth or right after in 1897 in TN for sure. They should be in the 1880 census for KY. They had the following children:

Gracie b. 1883 KY
    May b. 1886 KY
    Frank 1891 AL
    Cora Lee b. 1895 TN
    Bertie b. 1897 TN

They have been in TN since: 1895 or a year before an she mrs ford died there.
  • not much to find yet william elbert parker b. dec. 13,1892 AL d. clay co. IL 1979

WWI served from Dyer Co. TN
    1930 census for Dyer co.

parents: Josiah Parker and America J Carson
    • Hi Jevette-

Thank you for this info...I was able to find a copy of the registration card from WWI showing where W.E. was born (although I can't read his handwriting!!)...where did you find his death info? I knew approx. what year and the county, but never found anything...

I'm trying to find info about Cora ("Mom Parker" is what we called her) and was hoping a marriage certificate or something may have her family info....I have found them (her family J.R. Ford is her dad, but her mother is not listed and I believe there was one more baby born in 1900...odd) on the1900 Census in Lauderdale Co. AL, but they just disappear after that....

I remember them (W.E. & Cora) being married really young, but don't know where.

Any tips for a novice at figuring out when/where they married?

THANK YOU!!!,
      • William's dad or parents are in the 1900 census of LAUDERDALE COUNTY, ALABAMA , I think this is what is written on the WWI draft card. he was living in dyersburg TN at the time of WWI draft. 1930 same,1920 they are in Dyer TN, 1910 i think the fords and parkers were in TN.

1920:

8 Parker William A. Head M W 27 M AL AL AL 81 .
        73B 26B 82 728 738 Parker Cora Wife F W 26 M TN TN TN 82 .
        73B 26B 83 728 738 Parker Dora Daughter F W 8 S AL AL TN 83 .
        73B 26B 84 728 738 Parker B. F. Son M W 4 9/12 S TN AL TN

WWI said:

Parker William Elbert 13 Dec 1892 Caucasian Lauderdale Co., AL RFD 5, Dyersburg, Dyer Co., TN wife, 2 children and a sister farmer
        • Wow, thanks!

You've found more today than I was able to in a couple weeks!

I tried to email the person you mentioned earlier and it said the email "failed permanently"...so that lead didn't pan out.

Is there some trick to finding someone's maiden name? Like trying to find Cora's Mom...I believe her name may be "Laura Ann Kimble"...not sure how it's spelled, but cannot find her anywhere...

Thank for all you've found so far!!
          • trick no way luck sure! lol so dora's mom might be the name you listed? what makes you think that? If you tell me a time frame or something or where they might have married I might find it for you.
            • I have an email from a man who is Emma Daisy's (the first born child, in 1881-1952) great-grandson and is researching his ancestors as well...his info says there was another child, Lonnie, born in 1900.

He has only limited info from his Mom...the kids were:
              Emma Daisy b. 1881
              Gracia b.1883
              Mae b. 1886
              Frank b. 1891
              Cora Lee b. 1895
              Bertha (Bertie) b. 1898
              Lonnie b. 1900

He said his grandma's notes had John R. Ford's wife (the kids' Mom) as "Laura Ann Kimble" or Kimball, born about 1860...he said he'd tried various spellings,and had no luck...that's where he got stuck as well.

Does this look familiar in what you've been able to find?
              • yes it does hmmm wonder why there is no luck with the kimbal woman? Let me check if i find anything i will let you know if You don't hear from me then i didn't find anything.
      • well i am not sure on the tips but there are many sites out there for counties they lived in I assume they married before he left for the war. check in TN I will do some research for you and see what I come up with. Lds has alot,roots web, genealogy.com message boards, google,county libraries they lived or died in have alot at times. Let me look some more and i will get back with you. Sometimes its a matter of who you know. lol alot of historical societies have info .
        • email this guy for info ok!!!

mparke3@bellsouth.net
This reply was deleted.