I am reposting this on PH because I need to get all the Parker researcher on the same page.

Wayne

Hello to all members of the Parker DNA Project. I am you new Co-administrator and my name is Wayne N. Parker. Gregory “Greg” Parker (Administrator) had invited me to help him and we both are going to be working on getting this project in tip top shape. Greg just recently retired and is in the processes of moving.

One of my major goals is to read and respond to the comments and questions on the board. Greg and I both are volunteers and we receive no pay for running this project. We are also humans and we do make mistakes so please remember that.

After we get up to speed, we both want to make this project to be a place where you can get help.

You the members of this project also must do your share to help us and also to help others members of this project. One of the first and easiest way to help is make sure you go to your Welcome to myFTDNA page and click on myFamilyTree and upload your GEDCOM file and make sure that others members can see your tree.

Soap box time: Please please remember that we all need to share our research with each other!!!!! Yes I know all the excuses you all have “ I going to write a book” “But I spent a lot of time and money on getting my information and why should I share” and many other excuses! Yet you want others to share their research with you.

Wayne N. Parker

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Steven,
    Great idea, as I am a great believer in tracking allied families of the Parker families let's look at all the Parker marriage records even the ones that might have stayed in KY.
    Wayne
  • Wayne, seeing the connections of Jesse PARKER to Livingston county, KY, Bibb County, AL, St. Helena County, Louisiana, and other areas, I do believe we are getting much closer. Some one needs to look at the Livingston County, KY marriage records for I believe that there is a strong connection in the marriage records and we know there is a strong connection in the tax records with Isaac PARKER, Robert PARKER and Jesse PARKER. Also the JONES, CAMMACK are in Livingston County, KY as well.
  • Wayne ...

I just got the results back from my Parker yDNA (Kit #841539). When I logged in to familytreedna I've got to the Parker project (it appears the kit I bought through ParkerHeritage is linked to FamilyTreeDNA).

I looked at parkerheritage to see what I need to do next but don't see instructions for "where I go now." Can you point me in the right direction?

When I get the information uploaded, I'll share everything in my Parker line!

Thanks!

Stephen Parker Hutchens
    • Stephen,
      When you log in with your kit number and password and when that page open up you will see "Welcome to myFTDNA " and then look for
      the heading Family tree and click on the box that saids my family tree (the word "new" will be in red) after it opens up and you see where it saids tool navigation click on the "x" to close it out and then click on the box that saids upload GEDCOM then follow the direction to upload your own GEDCOM file.

Wayne
  • I have never done GEDCOM so I will do that. Call me negligent!
This reply was deleted.