Francis Smith Brownlee published the following book in 1957 discussing the Parkers and Newmans of Crawford County, Illinois.  You can't buy it and it is super hard to find online so I wanted to share the download link I found.  You need an account on familysearch.org to get access.

"Antecedents and descendants of Margaret Ann Rhoades Smith"

https://www.familysearch.org/library/books/records/item/637370-antecedents-and-descendants-of-margaret-ann-rhoads-smith-1860-1949-a-genealogical-historical-and-reminiscent-account-of-some-rhoads-newman-parker-wright-hamilton-ramsay-and-related-families-in-their-pioneer-days?viewer=1&offset=0#page=6&viewer=picture&o=download&n=0&q=

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This book makes the following statement. "James Parker's five sons were Jonathan, Samuel, George, James M. and William.(10) We have no definite information about what anyone else in with possible exception of a sister, Mary, whom James, her brother, represented when Richard Worth applied for license to marry her in 1791 in Nelson Co., Ky."

The note mentioned above is signed, not marked and witnessed. My recollection was that James was not literate which casts doubt that this is the correct James.
This reply was deleted.