y-DNA Family Group #7 Kit #574848

Hi Pamela Parker Ulm.

Welcome to y-DNA Family Group #7 Kit #574848

I would like to know if this is your Parker family. See below. If it is then we need to exchange information.

Wayne N. Parker researcher for FG#7 and  mod for PH

Descendants of William Bell Parker

Generation No. 1

1. WILLIAM BELL8 PARKER (JOSEPH7, STEPHEN6, LEWIS5, RICHARD4, P401 P402 P4223, WILLIAM2, Y-DNA (FG#7)1) was born Abt. 1834 in GA. He married MARTHA "MATTIE" ELIZABETH WOMACK 1865 in Hancock Co., GA, daughter of EZEKIAL WOMACK and MARY WINSLETT. She was born Abt. 1848.

More About WILLIAM BELL PARKER:

Census 1: 1860, Year: 1860; Census Place: Hancock, Georgia; Roll: M653_126; Page: 283; Family History Library Film: 803126

Census 2: 1850, Year: 1850; Census Place: District 104, Hancock, Georgia; Roll: M432_72; Page: 12A; Image: 397

Census 3: 1880, Year: 1880; Census Place: District 374, Putnam, Georgia; Roll: 162; Family History Film: 1254162; Page: 587C; Enumeration District: 113; Image: 0598

More About WILLIAM PARKER and MARTHA WOMACK:

Marriage: 1865, Hancock Co., GA

Children of WILLIAM PARKER and MARTHA WOMACK are:

i. SALLIE C.9 PARKER, b. Abt. 1869.

ii. THOMAS H. PARKER, b. Abt. 1873.

iii. ELLE O. PARKER, b. Abt. 1876.

iv. ROSSER W. PARKER, b. Abt. 1878.

v. CARRIE J. PARKER, b. Abt. 1880.

Descendants of Josiah Womack

Generation No. 1

1. JOSIAH1 WOMACK was born Abt. 1775 in VA. He married NANCY. She was born Abt. 1805.

More About JOSIAH WOMACK:

Census: 1850, Year: 1850; Census Place: District 104, Hancock, Georgia; Roll: M432_72; Page: 13B; Image: 400

More About NANCY:

Census: 1850, Year: 1850; Census Place: District 104, Hancock, Georgia; Roll: M432_72; Page: 13B; Image: 400

Children of JOSIAH WOMACK and NANCY are:

2. i. EZEKIAL2 WOMACK, b. Bet. 1820 - 1825, GA.

ii. JANE WOMACK, b. Abt. 1831, GA.

iii. CATHERINE WOMACK, b. Abt. 1833, GA.

Generation No. 2

2. EZEKIAL2 WOMACK (JOSIAH1) was born Bet. 1820 - 1825 in GA. He married MARY ELIZABETH WINSLETT May 03, 1846. She was born Abt. 1830 in GA.

Notes for EZEKIAL WOMACK:

Name: Ezeikel Wammack

Birth Year: abt 1825

Birthplace: Georgia

Home in 1850: District 104, Hancock, Georgia, USA

Family Number: 190

Household Members:

Name Age

Ezeikel Wammack 25

Mary W Wammack 20

Sarah Wammack 4

Martha Wammack 2

William Wammack 0

Source Citation

Year: 1850; Census Place: District 104, Hancock, Georgia; Roll: M432_72; Page: 13B; Image: 400

More About EZEKIAL WOMACK:

Census 1: 1850, Year: 1850; Census Place: District 104, Hancock, Georgia; Roll: M432_72; Page: 13B; Image: 400

Census 2: 1860, Year: 1860; Census Place: Hancock, Georgia; Roll: M653_126; Page: 283; Family History Library Film: 803126

Census 3: 1880, Year: 1880; Census Place: District 374, Putnam, Georgia; Roll: 162; Family History Film: 1254162; Page: 587C; Enumeration District: 113; Image: 0598

More About EZEKIAL WOMACK and MARY WINSLETT:

Marriage: May 03, 1846

Children of EZEKIAL WOMACK and MARY WINSLETT are:

i. SARAH3 WOMACK, b. Abt. 1846.

3. ii. MARTHA "MATTIE" ELIZABETH WOMACK, b. Abt. 1848.

iii. WILLIAM WOMACK, b. Abt. 1850.

Generation No. 3

3. MARTHA "MATTIE" ELIZABETH3 WOMACK (EZEKIAL2, JOSIAH1) was born Abt. 1848. She married WILLIAM BELL PARKER 1865 in Hancock Co., GA, son of JOSEPH PARKER and LUCY POTTER. He was born Abt. 1834 in GA.

More About WILLIAM BELL PARKER:

Census 1: 1860, Year: 1860; Census Place: Hancock, Georgia; Roll: M653_126; Page: 283; Family History Library Film: 803126

Census 2: 1850, Year: 1850; Census Place: District 104, Hancock, Georgia; Roll: M432_72; Page: 12A; Image: 397

More About WILLIAM PARKER and MARTHA WOMACK:

Marriage: 1865, Hancock Co., GA

Children of MARTHA WOMACK and WILLIAM PARKER are:

i. SALLIE C.4 PARKER, b. Abt. 1869.

ii. THOMAS H. PARKER, b. Abt. 1873.

iii. ELLE O. PARKER, b. Abt. 1876.

iv. ROSSER W. PARKER, b. Abt. 1878.

v. CARRIE J. PARKER, b. Abt. 1880.

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This part of my Parker line. Lincoln
    • Hello Lincoln,

So good to see you posting on PH again. We have missed your input here on PH.

Cousin,

Wayne N. Parker

PS: we are so tired of the rain here in Etoile and I see you all have been getting a lot too.
  • Hi Wayne, Pamela Parker Ulm here. I submitted a join request on FTDNA to join kit #574848 in the Parker project, remains pending. I would love to see all the number comparisons there. How long does it take for them to add new members? Seems like a long time. Noticed last new member added in June. I resubmitted the request about 2-3 weeks ago. I know you are not one of the administrators on that site, but it seems sort of inactive. Is this usual? You have already told my cousin Rebecca and me that we are in Family group #7, but I was looking forward to seeing numbers, being a visual sort! Thanks for any insight you may have on this. Pam
    • Hi Pamela Parker Ulm,
      I can with 100% assure that your Parker family is indeed part of FG#7.
      I have been in contact with Dennis R. West about the updated (see my post on Parker Heritage and Dennis R. West response to my post) I just checked the Parker y-DNA web site https://www.familytreedna.com/public/parker?iframe=yresults
      FG#7 has not been updated and since I have offer to help Dennis R. West, he has not said yes or no. So at this point I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an update and that is a real shame because I think that DNA testing and posting the results should be done in a timely fashion.
      I was taught from a very early age that my word was my bond and I have tried very hard all my life to remember that. I am hopping that we can see some very long overdue updating done on the Parker y-DNA Project ASAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your DNA cousin,
      Wayne
      Family Tree DNA - Parker Surname Y-DNA Project
      • Hi Wayne,
        I ended up emailing both administrators on the Parker project. Did not check status for about 3 days, then called FTDNA to discuss. They said they clicked on the project button and I was joined. Guess they have magic fingers. However, the kit, 574848 is at the bottom under un grouped. Does that mean they think we don't match a group or just haven't gotten around to placing us in a group yet. Very unhappy with those admins.
        Pam
        • Hi Pamela,
          Un grouped must mean they are just too lazy to do do their job but I have a way to show you that you are indeed a member of FG#7.
          (1) Go to https://www.familytreedna.com/sign-in and enter your kit number and password.
          (2) Once you are logged in and you will be on your myFTDNA page then find Print Certificates and print it out.
          (3) Now go to http://web.utk.edu/~corn/parkerdna/park5.htm the old Parker y-DNA Project website. You will see a Chart label Sample DYS Marker # Note: the Certificates that you printed out will have you kit number and the list the Locus designation for all thirty-seven Loci of your y-DNA test.
          (4) Note: while you are on http://web.utk.edu/~corn/parkerdna/park5.htm page where you saw the Sample chart, now scroll down to Family Group #7 -Richard PARKER, b abt 1625 Nansemond Co VA.
          (5) Now look at the Chart label Mode, This is what they have determined to be our normal DNA Numbers for FG#7. The rest of the FG#7 Chart shows where each member test at compared to the Mode # I matched on all 37 markers tested 37/37 because this Chart also shows the results form other testing companies that tested a DIFFERENT set of markers than Family Tree DNA.
          (6) Now compare the numbers on your Print Certificate to the numbers for FG#7.
          (7) I am P239 and my Kit number is 145926.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Wayne
          Family Tree DNA - Sign In
          With our premier suite of DNA tests and the world’s most comprehensive matching database...your DNA has met its match!
          • Pamela,
            When I go to https://www.familytreedna.com/sign-in and enter my kit number and password and sign in and click Matches it shows at the 37 Markers level that I have 56 that matches with me, so counting myself we have a total of 57 matches
            On this page your male Parker cousin matches me at a Genetic Distance of 4.
            When you go to https://www.familytreedna.com/sign-in and enter your kit number and password. What does it show ?

Wayne
            Family Tree DNA - Sign In
            With our premier suite of DNA tests and the world’s most comprehensive matching database...your DNA has met its match!
            • Hi Wayne,
              Is there any significance to the DYS 456 value of 16 on my test?
              Thanks,
              Pam
              • Hi Pam,
                Since using y-DNA testing as a way to trace our male lines back to our common ancestor is still in the early stage of knowledge, we are still learning how and when our y-DNA changes. As more and more males are tested into our FG#7 family, maybe we will learn more.

Now as to your question."Is there any significance to the DYS 456 value of 16 on my test?" Since your test is the second test to show the DYS 456 value of 16 (P303 also has the same value of 16) http://web.utk.edu/~corn/parkerdna/park5.htm
                I would not be surprise to see this to show up in future matches.
                Note: We have seen a y-DNA value changes between father, son and uncle in our own Parker FG#7. Therefore I would expect we will see some new data sometime in the near future having to be updated as we gain more knowledge from the raw data we all are providing with our testing now and with our paper trails.

Wayne
                PARKER DNA project results page
                • Hi Wayne,
                  Just thought I would let you know that after calls and email to and from FTDNA customer service, I have finally been grouped on their site, and, of course, it is family group #7. Thank you for listening to my complaining and giving me reassurance and support. I just wanted them to do their job. I now have additional supporting evidence to which I can refer my cousins. Again, thank you !
                  Pam
This reply was deleted.