William Parker Bur 1825 Meigs Co OH

I am helping a friend with her genealogy.  

William Parker was born in Malden, MA, 5 Jun 1745 and was married to Mary Warner, 28 Jan 1772. They traveled to PA?? in 1789, when his dtr Fanny Parker was supposedly born. The PA historical society says there are no birth records in SW PA for this time period. Maybe Presbyterian Church records? They were in the Presbyterian Church later in Ohio. 

Need sources for proving relationship between William Parker and dtr Fanny, born 26 Mar 1789 ??? unknown location ??? PA. Fanny Parker married John Fordyce and died at age of 79 in Meigs Co, OH.

In 1800 or so, family moved to Meigs Co OH area.  William buried at Salem Twp, McCaskey Cemetery,  26 Nov 1825 with no pic in Find A Grave. Fanny's picture is in Find A Grave but no info on her link w/her father.

Cannot find probate records for William Parker on Family Search, for his death in 1825. Still searching these records.

Any help is appreciated.  You folks are a lot more informed of these Parkers than the rest of us!!!

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I see him in our tree, I don't see him in Mass Vital Records in Malden. I have his birth and that he married Mary Warner, one child listed (William Parker 1775-1855), but no locations other than the original Malden. William would appear to be a descendant of Jacob Parker - one of the 5 brothers from Great Burstead. You might find more help in Family Group 10. You're welcome to browse what I could see: http://parkerfg10.dyndns.org/tng
    • Thanks for the lead; I signed up for Family Group 10. Still looking for some evidence (in addition to a book) that Fanny was William's dtr. Found Fanny's will and her husband's will (John Fordyce) but no will for William Parker, and no will for Mary Warner when she died. I also think his headstone has disappeared with the years.
  • Thanks for your suggestion. I am searching for DAR, and I know he is a Patriot, confirmed in the 1920's. And, you are right, he was born in Malden, MA. Problem is I have no vital records (BC, DC, will) to prove that Fanny was his daughter. I have looked high and low. Not much out there for a child who was born in 1789.
  • Type in William PARKER, Meigs County, Ohio, in a google search. There will be a Meigs County, Ohio Biographies-Genealogy Trails. Choose this William PARKER and they will list all the children of William PARKER, Fanny PARKER being one of William PARKER children. Other children mentioned are William, Sally, John, Daniel, Polly, Nancy, Susanna, Fanny, and Clarissa PARKER. Ebenezer PARKER also mentioned as a child of William PARKER. Would also check DAR records, plus the Meigs History writes William PARKER born in Maiden Massachusetts. Not sure if he is born in Maiden Massachusetts or Malden Massachusetts.
This reply was deleted.