NOTE: Part of this theory was proved to be correct he is part of FG#7 but no proof yet that he is the grandson of Peter Parker. Wayne 

I propose a theory about the ancestors of Moses Parker (1744-1830) died Marlboro Co., SC as I believe he may be part of FG#7 and need help in proving or disproving this theory. A Male Parker y-DNA test would be great !!!

I have found that Moses son, John Parker born SC was in Humphreys Co., TN at the same time as P252 oldest know ancestor Calvin Parker who was born in SC and then John Parker moved to Bibb Co., AL and was living there at the same time P412 oldest know ancestor Moses Parker born SC is living in Bibb Co., AL

I think Moses Parker (1744-1830) could be the grandson of Peter Parker of Chowan Co., NC who was the son Richard Parker III died 1750 in Chowan Co., NC

According to Mrs. Raymond Parker Fouts book “Following the Land” pages 31-32, Peter Parker son of Richard Parker III had at least three sons, Elisha Parker, Sr., Jonathan Parker and Moses Parker.

I had some information on Elisha Parker family but nothing on Jonathan or Moses Parker. Any information on Jonathan or Moses Parker families needed.

From page 31 of Following the land Moses Parker is a witness when Peter Parker made a deed to his son Jonathan Parker on 17 April 1749. Page 32 Peter Parker sold 150 acres to Richard Parker of Nansemond Co., VA on December 1-1755 and Moses Parker was a witness.

Could this Moses Parker be the father or uncle of the Moses Parker (1744-1830)????

Since Moses Parker (1744-1830) was married twice and had 22 children this could be the key to some of the members of FG#7 SC connections.

Also found this information below today but have not had time to check it out yet.

Wayne N. Parker P239 researcher for FG#7

PARKER Land Plats in Cheraw District, SC

Posted by: Annette Rawls

Date: October 15, 2001 at 18:38:18

of 26465

During a recent search in the South Carolina Archives, I found early land plats for Moses (1787), Elisha,Sr.(1784/1785/1787/1802), Elisha, Jr. (1788)., and Stephen ,Jr.(1787) PARKER in Cheraw District, SC. Most of this land was in close proximity to and on both sides of the PeeDee River which would now be NE Chesterfield Co. and NW Marlboro Co. near Cheraw. Mentioned in the land descriptions are Bear Creek, Beaver Creek, Gum Swamp, and Panther Creek. Would appreciate corresponding with anyone with information on any of these PARKER families.

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes, Wayne, I have seen your repeated 'out on a limb' disclaimer and fully understand where you are coming from. A guy's got to try, right?

Since both new and enrolled PH folks read your posts and all of the other posts regularly on the Home Page, AND since the newbies especially are always expecting absolutes -- full bore truths and clear-cut facts -- it seems to me to be fruitful to remind them now and then about how fragile our words are. Hope you also see my logic.

your bud, Patti
                  • Hi Patti,
                    Oh yes I see your logic and I agree 100%. If I had to only make one statement and only one about genealogy research it would be "Take nobody word for anything without verifying it first" Most of the time I am better now that when I first started out but I will have to say that sometimes it may take me years to do this but I do try a lot harder now because I want my research to be right.
                    A case in point many years ago I was researching my Harris family and I wish I would have copied the information down but I didn't.

After seeing that everybody had a last name attached to the second wife of Thomas Harris (not my Harris line) but no one could find any proof of said last name. A researcher did the right thing and started backtracking to try to find out who had first put the information out there. Luckily that person was still alive and provided an answer. It seems when she was trying to join some organization they wouldn't let her join because she didn't have a last name for Thomas Harris second wife so she made one up on the spot by using the last name of a close neighbour of Thomas Harris and till this very day I still see the information is still being passed around as being 100% true.

Therefore no matter how many times I have proved verifiable proof to some researcher about Parker research based on either/or YDNA or by paper trail some people are going to believe a lie no matter what and I have come to believe that they are a hopeless cases!!!
                    I have put on my file that it is a working file and also included that some of my research is based on theory that is to be proved or disproved. So if some researchers don't read or comprehend that, then there is not much I can do except remove the whole file, which I refuse to do. If they are more interested in coping and pasting and don't take time to verify my research then they aren't very good researchers.
                    I am very thankful and appreciate any and all corrections anyone sends me because I do make typos and because I have dyslexia so time 1735 becomes 1753 when I type it in. Sometimes my information in my file is just plain wrong and I wonder how that got passed me the first time.
                    You can't have a child before you are born.

Well as they say it is all in a day work and if I didn't enjoy it and being around my buddies, I would have quit a long time ago.
                    It is all worth it when I get a big thank you from a new found cousin after I have shared my research with them and even when I don't a thank you that OK because I know that I did my best as so so many researchers like yourself and others do each day. So by posting all of my file on-line, that is my way of saying thanks to all the many many cousins who have shared there researched with me.

Good night from your bud.

Wayne
                    • Mike,
                      Yes Patricia and I are and always will be the best of friends. She had always been there for me since I got to know her. We both enjoy the research and helping other and when I have been discourage in my research Patti was always there to encourage me. I also like the fact that we can and do disagree from time to time but it has been and always will be on a level of having respect for each other.
                      Yes Mike I TOO am so proud that we are cousins and cousin-in-laws. I enjoy researching our ancestors but I enjoy meeting all my living cousins even more. We come from all types of backgrounds but we all share a love of genealogy. The Internet has been a game changer in that it lets us meet many of our cousins that otherwise we would have never got to know.
                      Yes I too have a background as a scientist in electronics (a lot of it being self taught) and I am a retired electronics tech . My best friend and I started experimenting from the six grade on. We even built our own water power generating system from an old car generator only to loose all of it in a overnight flood.

I built my first radio at the age of 13 and my first TV at 19. I wrote a paper in high school about lasers and at that time had a hard time finding the five references that I needed, now we see lasers being used in so many devices in so many different fields. My first computer used a audio tape recorder for memory. Yes my career was always about being on the cutting edge of technology but now I find that I could care less. I don't even have a cell phone anymore.
                      I got so tired of Microsoft jerking me around that I switched to using a Linux OS on my computer in 2008 and I love it.

I too am looking forward to seeing if you do get a match from Matthew's descendants.
                      Wayne
                    • You two are so cute when you disagree. I am like Wayne in that I make theories and try to prove them. My guess has always been that my Daniel had a brother named Matthew. One of Matthew"s descendants has a yDNA pending because I floated that theory but even if it matches #7 I still need a paper trail that I may never find. As a scientist, I know it is alright to make a theory then seek the proof. I think all three of us have proven hunches to be correct and it feels great. We know how to do this research because we have made mistakes and erased lots of hard work. The newbies just want to find a file to copy. I really appreciate the work you both do on PH and am proud we are cousin, cousin and cousin in law(and Jack too). Mike
          • This is something I forgot until just now, but needs to be included here: My paternal-side 6th great grandmother is Absala Parker b. 1738 in Latta, Marion, SC; d.1811 in Latta, Marion, SC who married John Bethea. I don't know Absala's parents, and I have no clue if she connects to any of our FG#7 Parkers. She could be where a lot of these SC-Parker autosomal matches are coming from. Just something to keep in mind.
            • John and Absala Parker are also in my file. I have her born in Chowan Co., NC about 1744. I don't know who her parents are.

Wayne
          • Adding one more match:

Moses Parker
            B: 26 Aug 1744 in , , Virginia, USA
            D: 12 Nov 1830 in McColl, Marlboro, South Carolina, USA
  • Other names, guessing PARKER last names, on 1 or more lists of Moses PARKER.

Infant (died at birth). Andrew could this be Anna. Elijah, Samuel, Thomas, Ematt (Emon). Martha married Mr KELLUM. Absalum married Lydia last name unknown, Salalhael, James married Annice FIELDS. Obedience (beadie) married 1. Luke ROBINSON, 2. Mr ADAMS. Information provided by Lib MCPHERSON.
  • children marriages of father Moses PARKER. Sarah PARKER married thomas Slay. Esther PARKER married William LEGGETT. Mary PARKER married Richard ADAMS. John PARKER married Sarah BROWN. Anna PARKER married William JAMES. Catherine PARKER married James WATERS. Elizabeth Frances PARKER married Joshua AMMONS. Lewis PARKER married Elizabeth PIPKINS, Daniel PARKER married Sarah BUNDY. Nancy PARKER married Joshua FLETCHER. Phillip PARKER married Sarah Ann MCPHERSON. Arena PARKER married Thomas nelson GIBSON, Elizabeth PARKER married Benargy or Benage PATE. Amanda PARKER married John Owen DAVID. marriages for children of Moses PARKER first and second wife. Information from Lib McPherson.
    • Thanks, I had some of the info but not all, Now just have to input it into my file.
      Wayne
This reply was deleted.