NOTE: Part of this theory was proved to be correct he is part of FG#7 but no proof yet that he is the grandson of Peter Parker. Wayne 

I propose a theory about the ancestors of Moses Parker (1744-1830) died Marlboro Co., SC as I believe he may be part of FG#7 and need help in proving or disproving this theory. A Male Parker y-DNA test would be great !!!

I have found that Moses son, John Parker born SC was in Humphreys Co., TN at the same time as P252 oldest know ancestor Calvin Parker who was born in SC and then John Parker moved to Bibb Co., AL and was living there at the same time P412 oldest know ancestor Moses Parker born SC is living in Bibb Co., AL

I think Moses Parker (1744-1830) could be the grandson of Peter Parker of Chowan Co., NC who was the son Richard Parker III died 1750 in Chowan Co., NC

According to Mrs. Raymond Parker Fouts book “Following the Land” pages 31-32, Peter Parker son of Richard Parker III had at least three sons, Elisha Parker, Sr., Jonathan Parker and Moses Parker.

I had some information on Elisha Parker family but nothing on Jonathan or Moses Parker. Any information on Jonathan or Moses Parker families needed.

From page 31 of Following the land Moses Parker is a witness when Peter Parker made a deed to his son Jonathan Parker on 17 April 1749. Page 32 Peter Parker sold 150 acres to Richard Parker of Nansemond Co., VA on December 1-1755 and Moses Parker was a witness.

Could this Moses Parker be the father or uncle of the Moses Parker (1744-1830)????

Since Moses Parker (1744-1830) was married twice and had 22 children this could be the key to some of the members of FG#7 SC connections.

Also found this information below today but have not had time to check it out yet.

Wayne N. Parker P239 researcher for FG#7

PARKER Land Plats in Cheraw District, SC

Posted by: Annette Rawls

Date: October 15, 2001 at 18:38:18

of 26465

During a recent search in the South Carolina Archives, I found early land plats for Moses (1787), Elisha,Sr.(1784/1785/1787/1802), Elisha, Jr. (1788)., and Stephen ,Jr.(1787) PARKER in Cheraw District, SC. Most of this land was in close proximity to and on both sides of the PeeDee River which would now be NE Chesterfield Co. and NW Marlboro Co. near Cheraw. Mentioned in the land descriptions are Bear Creek, Beaver Creek, Gum Swamp, and Panther Creek. Would appreciate corresponding with anyone with information on any of these PARKER families.

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Moses PARKER born 26 Aug 1744, died 12 Nov 1830. Revolutionary soldier. Information from Moses PARKER tombstone. Information came from Lib Mcpherson. Moses PARKER born Virginia also included.
  • Thanks Patricia,
    I would welcome all information and theories you can send me and because of the way I use my file to research, I will adding some information as my theories till they are either proved or disproved,

Wayne
  • OK, I forgot add the reason that Moses Parker of Marlboro Co., SC ( need P number and FG number so I can put it in his file). one of his descendant married one of my Williams cousins and another married into the Cottingham family in Bibb Co., AL , who are also connection to me through the Williams family. I have added other Parker line when the marry into any of my family lines.
    Wayne
    Wayne
  • Hello Steven,
    OK help me out as I must be blind today and brain dead also :) and YES I do want and need you input and all the help you can give me is appreciated very much. You have been real helpful in the past. I am going into researching uncharted waters in SC.
    Yes I believe 100% in y-DNA and have never said otherwise. At this point I have a lot of different Parker DNA groups in my file other than FG#7 and plan on adding more when I have time.
    Are you saying the Peter Parker listed below is not the son of Richard Parker III.
    Peter Parker (Richard Parker III5, Richard Parker II4, Richard Parker I3, William Parker2, Y-DNA FG#7 Parker1) was born ABT 1703 in Nansemond Co., VA, and died BEF 3 DEC 1778 in Hertford Co., NC or Gates Co., NC. He married ?.
    Children of Peter Parker and ? are:
    + 2 i. Elisha Parker , Sr was born in Chowan Co.,NC, and died BET 1793 AND 1794 in Gates Co., NC.
    3 ii. Jonathan Parker.
    4 iii. Moses Parker.

Also could you list the P numbers and the FG numbers for me on the Parker you are talking about because the last thing I want to do is rehash work that has already been proven. I am not trying to put all the Parker listed in Following the Land into FG#7 as I am way pass that.
    I am just trying to do my best to try to connect all the members of FG#7 back to our common ancestor. I stepped up three years ago to take on this project and asked for help and I have never turned any down. It has not been easy getting some to share information but I keep going along because I saw that no one else had a working file. I have put all the information out there for everyone to see (the good, bad and ugly). Sometime my theories are proved wrong and some are proved right. I am sure that there is information that is in my file right now that will be proven wrong but that won't stop me from trying.
    I am very proud that I am trying to do something with all the DNA results that is out there so please show me where I am wrong and I will change the information in my file if I am indeed wrong.
    Again Thanks Steven for talking to time to help me out.
    Cuz
    Wayne
    • P37, Amos PARKER and his son Saul PARKER I believe are listed in the book Following the Land as group in FG7, whereas YDNA has them in group 1. Perhaps these are different Amos and Saul, however I don't think so. So if this is correct anyone before and after these people should not be listed in group 7.
  • If you believe the YDNA testing you will find that the Moses and Peter PARKER may not be from YDNA 7. Check the testing you will see that I am correct on Peter and Moses PARKER. Once again she lumped all these people in Group 7 which is incorrect if you believe the YDnA testing. Only Bibb Co Al confirmed in my opinion. No one else.
  • Mike,
    Let's try to go the easy route first as SC has a lot of Parkers.
    "Facts" we know about your family Daniel born about 1822 SC. His mother Mary born BET 1780 AND 1790 in SC ?,
    Go to 1830 census and list all the Parker families with a male 5-10 and with a female that would be close to Daniel mother age.
    Then we can take that list of names and see if they are of 1840 SC census if they are than take them off the list. Then take the list and look at the remaining names and check them out on the 1820,1810, 1800 AND 1790 census.
    I know that this may take us a while but I know the clues must been there hiding somewhere.
    Wayne
    Wayne
    • Wayne, Only 93 Parker households show up on 1830 Census in SC. Search for children to match those with Mary Parker and Matthew Parker plus my Daniel got me down to 18. Of the 18 only 4 are absent in the 1840 census, perhaps moved to GA as my relative(s). They are David, Sr and David, in Anderson SC; Henry in Edgefield, SC and Joseph in Spartanburg. All 4 are in the 1820 SC Census, David s are in Pendleton, SC, 2 Henry s are listed in Charleston and Marlboro, and Joseph in Greenville, SC. Have to try to figure out which Henry to follow. 1810 is fun. 5 David all in NC(Rowan, Wilksboro, Granville, Northampton and Hillsborough of Orange Co. 2 Henry in SC, both Marlsboro, 2 Henry in NC(Lincoln and Wilksborough), 2 Henry in VA Sussex and St. George in Accomack Co. Joseph in SC in Barnwell, York, and Kershaw. Have to research all of these. 1800 set aside for now. 1790 had a David multiple times, NC-Cumberland,Caswell and Northampton. Davids also in VT, PA, NY, and many Davids in MA. Henry-Wilkes, NC; then in NJ, MD,PA MA, NY, VT. 1790 only shows 2 Joseph s both in SC: Charleston and Abbeville.
      I browsed for the four names in yDNA project; Family 10 a possible David, Josephs in Families 1,34,40 and 44.
      Next, is to do 1800 census for the four names , then to trace these four names on Ancestry to separate the possibilities and search your FG#7 database for possible matches. Do you have any other advice? Mike
      P.S. Made a possible mistake in my Daniel Parker on date of birth. I always said b1822 but in the 1840 Census, both Matthew and Daniel are in the b 1810-15 range. Matthew researchers say he was born about 1812. He had wife and 2 children in 1840 while Daniel had a wife only so I assume Daniel younger than Matthew so I will go with 1810-15 for Daniel from now on.
      • Mike,
        I am feeling better after taking all week off from researching. Hope to get back into taking more time to do research again.

At this point do you have any "gut" feeling on just who might be in your direct line?
        Wayne
        • Glad you have improved. I was an asthmatic child but wih age mine has improved. My gut feeling of the four I have selected is David Parker, Sr who is in Anderson Co, SC in the 1830 Census but not in the 1840. His son David is too young so I have dropped him as my primary. David Sr is in Pendleton, Anderson, SC in 1820. All the hits on the 1810 for David are in NC-a total of five locations. 1800 David s are a David in Pendleton & other in Hillborough SC, but also 5 Davids in NC with 2 Davids in Halifax, Northhampton, NC. I will continue researching the David clues for now. I have to research the migration routes possible to get from Pendleton, Anderson, SC in 1830 to Gwinnett Co., GA in 1840 also. Mike
This reply was deleted.