Parker's In Anson Co. N.C.

Hi,

Here is what I know and don't know about Nicholas Parker & Family in Anson County, N.C.  Nicholas came to Anson Co. (Burnsville District) in 1774 when he was 19 years old.  He had a good bit of money and bought up land along the Rocky River to farm.  He was married to Mary, (can't find out her last name).  They had four children Polly, birth date unknown, who married a David Allen.  Huldah born in 1791 married Benjamin Allen.  Susannah, birth date unknown, who married Joshua Presley, said to be kin to Elvis Pressley.  William Wiley, birthday unknown, who married Annas Broadway.  and Thomas birth date 1800, who married Lydia Michael Harward.  My Family came off of Thomas:

Nicholas Parker

Son - Thomas / Born 1800

Thomas's Son  - Wiley / Born 1838

Wiley's Son - James Marshall / Born 1859  

James's Son - Richmond Thomas / Born 1890

Richmond Thomas's Son - Jeff Parker / Born 1927,

Jeff's Daughter  - ME  Gail Parker Benson - Born 1955

I read somewhere a Thomas Parker had a son named Nicholas and now I am wondering if one of the Richard Parkers from Virginia had a son named Thomas or Nicholas.  What would be the best information route to find this out?  Can anyone help?

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello! I am new to Parker Heritage. I am just starting to learn about my Parker line. William Wiley Parker was my 4x great-grandfather. My line continues through his daughter Jane Parker Swaringen (1838-?)and her daughter Judith A Swaringen Blalock (1860-1930).
    They were in Anson/Stanley counties and were part of the Randall’s Church community. Jane and Judith are buried in the graveyard behind the church. I am excited to learn more about my Parker line and beyond!
  • Susannah Parker married Joshua Preslar. Joshua's g-g-grandfather was Johannes Valentin Preslar, from whom Elvis Presley (my 8th cousin) is descended. In some branches, Preslar was Southernized to Presley. And no, I have no musical talent whatsoever, but then Elvis had no math or science talents.

The consensus among my DNA Circle on Ancestry.com is that Nicholas Parker's wife was Mary Benton, but I can't find any evidence. The presence of Joseph "Job" Benton (31 Aug 1744 Bertie County, NC - maybe 4 Mar 1835) in Anson County and its daughter county Montgomery is well documented but no one lists a daughter Mary for him.
  • Hi Gail,

Check out this web site:
    http://scotbrit.blogspot.com/2014/04/52-ancestors52-weeks-11william...
    • Hi Eva,
      Great to know that someone is kin to my Parkers. I was beginning to think I might be out there all by myself. If you have ancestry.com I have built a family tree call Benson/Parker/Yarbrough I married a Benson, My Grandpa was Richmond Thomas Parker and he Married Annie Jane Yarbrough. I have followed the males back as far as I could go. There are a lot of Parker's buried at Rocky River Church in Anson County, N.C. which is very close to Stanly County, N.C. and Union County, N.C. There is got to be more connections in that area, but I just can't connect yet. If you discover anything please let me know. I know that we fall into family group #17. I'm trying to get a male cousin in my family to do a DNA test to make sure.
      Gail
  • Hi Gail,
    I have been in touch with one of your cousins and she may have some more information for me in the next two week. Her line is through Nicholas daughter Susannah.
    Will post that information as soon as I receive it.
    Wayne
  • Hi Gail,
    I found out that you Parker line is from y-DNA FG#17
    http://web.utk.edu/~corn/parkerdna/park5.htm

P309 was added to this group in February 2011. His oldest ancestor is Nicholas PARKER, born probably in Virginia in 1755, and died in Anson County, N.C. on Aug. 20, 1820. He married a woman named Mary (last name unknown). His oldest son, William Wiley PARKER, was born in Anson County , NC, in 1796 and died there in 1861. His wife was Annis BROADAWAY (1803-1881).

Wayne N. Parker P239 FG#7
  • Hi Gail,
    Do you have a living Parker male in your family that would be willing to do a y-DNA test? After the test (which consist of swabbing the inside of the mouth ) and hopefully you with have a match with one of the family groups. This way you can narrow your search.
    Of course in the meantime I am looking to see if I have anything that can help you.

Wayne N. Parker P239 researcher for y-DNA FG#7
    • Hello, I am also searching the parkers. Ida Mae Broadaway Parker and Fred Vance Parker. I was hoping to find some one that has photos of them, they are my grandparents.
      • I am on vacation but when I get home I will look through my aunt Daisy and Bertha's old pictures. Seems like I remember them talking about a Fred. Did he have a nickname? They were good to put names on the back of pictures. I'll let you know if I find something.
        • i hope you can find a picture. i have always wanted to see what my grandparents looked like. i did get lucky and find a picture of my great grandparents Jefferson Dee Broadaway and Sarah Margaret Little.
This reply was deleted.