PARKER GENEALOGY CONFUSION IN THE USA

I am researching the family of Nathaniel Parker, b. 1730 & m to Ann Clayton. Sarah Parker, whom I believe to be the granddaughter of Nath. & Ann, married Thomas Slay, Jr., son of Thomas Slay, Sr. & Frances Ricketts.I would apprciate any help on the ancesteral genealogy from Sarah on back to Eng. It is my belief that this line goes back to Cornwall, but cannot prove it. I would like any proof that I can get of this connection, or anything that disproved it.

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Joe,

As I was reading the M. B. DeWitt family Bible records, the name of Richard Bearden jump out at me. His mother is Molly Harris and she has two direct connection to me, (1)her sister Mary Harris who married Elijah Parker is my G-G-G-Grandmother. After adding this new information to my file. I now see that John Hibbett DeWtt is my 4th cousin once removed. So thanks for the post.
                  Molly Harris (2) brother Tyre Harris is my G-G-G-Grandfather on my grandmother side of my family. Their sister Lucy Harris married Samuel Parker the brother of Elijah Parker.

Wayne
                  • Hi Joe,

I was looking at your file below on Robert and Daniel Parker.

Wayne

http://freepages.family.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~theduffypapers/parke...

“Splitting the children of two Nathaniel Parker's
                    Below is my attempt to separate the children of Nathaniel Parker & Elizabeth Scott from the possible children of a different Nathaniel Parker and his wife Ann Clayton.  Note, Nathaniel Parker and Elizabeth Scotts children were typically born between 1762-1783 while the children of Nathaniel Parker and Ann Clayton were typically born between 1744 and 1768, which further suggests there were two distinct Nathaniel Parkers that have become merged by time.  Please contact me if you have documentation proving differently!”

Nathaniel Parker and his wife Ann Clayton
                    1--------9
                    10. Robert Parker born 1754 Gates Cty., NC.; died 1825 Copiah Cty., MS.; married 1769 Prisilla Riddick in Gates Cty., NC.   ( LINKS TO: births, marriages, death, Will, burial )

NOTE: (1) The Robert who married Prisilla Riddick in Gates Co., NC is part of y-DNA Family Group #7 and he died abt. 1797 in Gates Co., NC.
                    (2) I have a theory about the Robert Parker who died in 1825 in Copiah Co., MS. He is not part of y-DNA Family Group #5. If my theory is right he is part of FG#7. Hope we can prove or disprove this theory someday.
                    11---
                    12. Daniel Parker born 15 Mar 1756 Baltimore Cty., MD; died 23 Nov 1830 Mccoll, Marlboro, SC; married Mary Sands  ( LINKS TO: births, marriages, death, Will, burial )
                    12. Daniel Parker born 15 Mar 1756 Baltimore Cty., MD; died 11 Aug 1844 in GA. ; married Mary Lucy White in Nov. 1779 Culpeper Cty., VA ( LINKS TO: births, marriages, death, Will, burial )
                    12. Daniel Parker born 15 Mar 1756 Albemarle Cty., VA; died 14 Aug 1844 in Upson County, GA. ( LINKS TO: births, marriages, death, Will, burial )

NOTE: This Daniel Parker is part of y-DNA FG#7
                    P402 was added to this group in December 2013.
            • Hi Joe,

You wrote.
              “I shared the above with the webmaster for the Nathaniel Parker Descendants website and the reply I received dismissed the above letter as fiction created during the late 1800’s.”

I want to again commend and applaud you on your quest for the trying to find the true facts in the genealogy research of your Parker family. I also know from my own genealogy experience that the road ahead of you, will be the hardest and longer, that is tying to get other researchers to take a serious look at your research because it is in conflict with all the “facts” that have been around for years and years.

Wayne
            • Most family files suggest Ann Clayton was born about 1726 although they provide no supporting documentation. If the Moses Parker born in 1744 is actually her son, assume she was 18 years old when she married a Nathaniel Parker, add 9 months for gestation, then you can arrive at the 1726 birth year. A Wikipedia chart ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_and_female_fertility ) shows the percentage of decline of ovarian reserve related to increasing age. Using the 1726 birth year, then statistically any child listed as born after 1771 is unlikely to be a child of Ann Clayton . For most families who are actually descended from the Nathaniel Parker of Sumner County, TN who died in 1811 it means that Nathaniel Parker, Jr born 1775; Isacc Parker born 1776; Mary Parker born 1779; Aaron Parker born 1781; and Robert Parker born 1783 are statistically unlikely to be children of Ann Clayton as she would have been 49, 50, 53, 55 and 57 years old when they were born and her ovarian reserve would have been depleted. Headstones/cemetery records for Nathaniel P. Parker, Jr. (Bethpage Cemetery), Isaac Parker (Bryson Cemetery), and Robert Parker (Parker Family Cemetery) can be found in Sumner County, TN.
This reply was deleted.