Merry Christmas and Happy New year.

It was right before Christmas in 1951 and the location was in Arkansas. It was a cold and windy night with a clear and star filled sky. A boy age six asked his mother if she needed some firewood and if so could he go get it. She knew that he wanted an excuse to go outside, she put on his coat, cap and gloves and opened the door for him and told him he could bring some firewood from the woodpile and add it to the wood piled on the porch. As he headed across the yard with Rusty, his dog, he looked up at the stars in the sky and started to sing one of the songs that he had learned in class that day. The song was “Away In A Manger”.
As he took an armful of wood he started to think about Jesus and why God had sent his son to live on earth. The boy would look back on this night many years later and know that he was changed forever for he had left the house as a non-believer and returned with knowledge that now only is there a God but accepted that his son Jesus is his Savior.
I know this story is true because I am that boy and this was the night I FIRST BELIEVED.

Merry Christmas to all the members of Parker Heritage.

Wayne N. Parker

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Nice story. Pretty deep thinking for a 6-year old. God bless you and Merry Christmas!
    • Hi Dan,
      Yes it is a deep thought for some 6-year old but not for someone raised in my family. For we were taught from an early age to think for ourselves.
      Wayne
  • Nice story and excellent timing of the post. As the grandson of a Baptist preacher, I had plenty of good teaching from my family and accepted Christ as my Savior at a revival in our church when I was twelve. Over the years I strayed from my beliefs and did not practice them. In college and professional school I thought I wanted to be an athiest but could not so I claimed to be agnostic, but a very guilty one. I blamed my professors as a bad influence for years. I eventually asked God to forgive me and know He accepted be always even when I was a sinner for those years. Very thankful for the wisdom of my Parker family and that God sent me a wonderful, Christian girl to be my wife when I was young and dumb. Merry Christmas! Mike
    • Hi Mike
      I too fell away from my path as a Christian but God forgives me for being a sinner. I Thank God today for being that for me when I had the terrible pain in my leg 24/7 for few years. I must say that he never left me.
      Wayne
This reply was deleted.