Looking for Father of Jesse Parker (1776 a 1849)

Hello all! I am new to this group. I have graced my heritage to Jesse Parker who was a well known figure in Texas. I think his parents are Robert Parker and Priscilla Riddick but have no documentation to verify this. Can anyone help me? Also I have sent dna samples to ancestry.com but I don't think that that's the same kind of Dna shared on this site.

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks so much Patricia. I have contacted Corinna and joined the Jesse Parker group. Should I have my son do dna testing to validate or will typical birth, marriage, and death certificates suffice?
    • Hello again, Rita Cook - Responses to your questions:

In her role as interest group administrator, Corinna may rely upon her own set of acceptable vitals. Please ask her.

About testing, is your boy a biological son of a Cook father? If so, son's YDNA test results will reflect the Cook male YDNA lineage only, not Parker.

I note that you have also joined a Quanah interest group here. If you seek a heavily romanticized version of Quanah's life and times, that interest group has the lore. But, if you feel you are part of Quanah's bloodline, please know that he and his mother were auxiliary members of the FG#5 family of her grandfather, Elder John Parker. Jesse Parker of FG#7 was not related to Quanah, Cynthia Ann, or any of that FG#5 Parker family.

If you want to read articles about human genetic processes OR recommended YDNA testing services OR websites to contact for more information, please let me know. I'm glad to send you links to same.

Keep us posted.

Patricia Ross Parker
  • Hello, Rita Cook and Welcome to Parker Heritage.

The Jesse Parker you seek and his many descendants have been researched a great deal, but despite what family trees etc. claim, his parents have not been confirmed. As well, a number of other Parker couples have been suggested as Jesse's parents, but those families have all been found to NOT be parents of that Jesse Parker who was a Texas Patriot d. 1849 Huntsville. Those several families have been eliminated due to origins, wives, locations, death date, wills, etc. etc , but they are still capable of really confusing researchers. Those non-parents include, according to my research, Robert Parker and Priscilla Riddick of Gates County NC who were real people who were married and had many children. They actually had a son naned Jesse, but his father's will showed that hJesse did not live beyond his youth and thus never came to Texas.

I am a researcher for P11, a direct descendant of Benjamin Parker of FG#7 whose parents and origins ca. 1770 also remain unconfirmed.. Benjamin and wife Nancy Anderson were contemporaries and traveling companions of Jesse Parker. Jesse and Benjamin are thought by many of us in FG#7 to be related in some way like brothers, cousins, etc. No actual proof has yet been found beyond kinship by descendant YDNA in Parker Project Family Group #7. If you exchange with Wayne N. Parker, another researcher here at PH, you will learn that he believes that Benjamin was a son of Robert Parker of Gates. I, however, remain unconvinced and keep on hunting for documentation.

I try not to get in the way of new researchers like yourself and take the fun out of your discoveries by laying out the results of all of my findings up front, but if you get stuck and need some tips and leads, just reach out here at PH and I and/or others will share. Also, suggest you join Corinna Bilby's interest group on Jesse Parker. She and other members there can also help you a lot.

You are right that your female DNA results will not mesh with the Parker Project male YDNA test results we rely upon here at Parker Heritage.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Patricia Ross Parker, Ed.D., moderator for Parker Heritage website and researcher for P11 of FG#7.
This reply was deleted.