Kentucky Parkers

Hello everyone, my great-grandparents were Joesph Parker and Alice Wombles of Leslie county KY. I have come to a road block when trying to find the Parker ancestry. Grandpa Joe was born in Clay co. KY, his father was Franklin Parker and mother was Minerva Napier, Franklin's father Joseph Parker, born 1815 in Knox county Kentucky according to census records. I can not figure out who his father is. If anyone can help me with this, it would greatly appreciated.

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Don't debate! Get his DNA done, I have my dad's, mom's, my brother and mine...do you have an ancestry tree? We are needing help too! on the Parker wall the more researchers the better. do u have a facebook account? mine in https://www.facebook.com/carolyn.p.helton
  • Hi Marissa, there were many Parkers in Knox co ky , then Clay co,Ky . What year was he born and his parents? Which family did you descend from of manerva napier and frank parker?
    • Martha,

All I know is what I posted under queries. When I looked up my father's birth certificate on Archives.com all it showed was John Willie Parker and that he was born in Kentucky. My father's mother was born in 1930 in Ohio so I'm guessing my grandfather was probably born somewhere around 1920-1935 which is a pretty large time span to work with. I have a 19 year old brother, I'm debating asking him to have his yDNA tested which may answer some questions.

Thanks for your reply :)
  • Hi Carolyn,

I was wondering if you could help me with something. My grandfather is a Parker born in Kentucky, his name was James Willie Parker. Do you know of any James Willie Parker in your family or in another Parker line?
  • Hello Carolyn, Franklin Parker and Manerva Napier are my g great grandparents, we also have hit a brick wall.
  • Hi Carolyn, I believe I have found you ancestry line. Here is the link: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.2.1/3STF-JQ5 . I want to wish you good luck in your continued search. Take care, Brenda.
  • Hello, Carolyn Sue Feltner - Does your ancestor Joseph Parker born 1815 have a brother Raleigh b. about 1823? If so, their father may be a Richard Parker b. abour 1781 who maried Susan Talitha Stevens in 1804, perhaps NC. If Joseph and Raleigh WERE brothers, they may also have had a sister Phoebe who married a Goodin. OR the Phoebe Gooden who lived with them on the 1850 census was another relative about the same age as Joseph and Raleigh.

If any of that sounds familiar, let me know here at Parker Heritage and I shall look some more.

Patricia Ross Parker, Parker Heritage adm and FG#7 researcher
This reply was deleted.