John Parker

I'm tracing my Parker family history and would appreciate any updates and input.

My great grandfather was John Parker, both Nov 6, 1851 in DeKalb, Alabama. He married Mary Elizabeth "Bettie" Rowsey in Oxford, Mississippi on Dec 23, 1873. I believe they settled in Texas around 1990. He died May 28, 1924 in Baylor, Texas.

John Parker was the son of James Parker, born Jan 30,1822 in Mississippi. It appears he settled in DeKalb, Alabama around 1850 and married Sarah Lackey on July 12, 1853 in DeKalb. He died Nov 12, 1877 in Union, Mississippi.

James Parker was the son of John Parker, born 1792 in Virginia. He married Mary Davis in April of 1821 in Cumberland, Virginia. I believe they settled in DeKalb, Alabama around 1840 where he died in 1848.

I can't go back any further in the family line, but would love to. I'm also trying to verify if the rumored Indian connection with this branch of the Parker family is accurate.

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You have a Parker cousin from your line in Ft Payne, DeKalb Co, AL, Mrs Wynona Parker Pearsall. She is a member of Parker Heritage so you can contact her. She is a fellow researcher and one of my patients. Mike, owner/ moderator Parker Family #7
  • Hello Janet,
    A Parker male from you Parker family had his y-DNA tested and he matched into FG# 7
    This is a link to my on-line working file.
    http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=REG&db=parke...

Wayne N. Parker researcher for P239 of FG#7
  • My Parker line came to DeKalb Co., AL 1870. Your line came as soon as the Trail of Tears ended. I do not see a link in our lines but my oldest known Parker is Daniel, a shoemaker, b1822-7 SC, who lived in north GA. I will look for ties. Have you done DNA yet? I am Family #7 in the Dennis West DNA Parker project. Mike
This reply was deleted.