New to this site, still feeling my way around.  Also e-mailed this post to  mail@parkerheritage.ning.com with attached pedigree pdf chart.  The pdf is too large to attach here so I have extracted from it below.

With family oral history and some on-line source docs (census, death certificates, etc.), I'm pretty confident back to my great grandfather Rev. William F Parker, son of Rev. Hezekiah V. Parker.  Past that generation, I relied mostly on other Ancestry.com trees, realizing how unreliable they can be and checking original sources whenever possible.  If PH site members find and correct any remaining errors in my tree, I'd be very grateful.   And I'd really like any available photos or paintings of folks in this direct line or their siblings and wives.  (How can they be downloaded? Is there an easier way to search for photos rather than going to each page and clicking on each photo? Captions on the page would work wonders.)

The link to Cynthia Ann is through my great great great grandfather Philip Parker who is a sibling of Elder John Parker, Cynthia's grandfather.  That makes Chief Quanah my 3rd cousin twice removed.

The male only lineage I believe I have discovered is (read: Name, DOB-DOD POB, next entry his father):

Rev. HV Parker 1810-1852 Bledsoe TN

Philip Parker 1759-1829 VA

Nathaniel Parker 1730-1803 Hampshire VA

Maj. Nathaniel Parker 1708-1800 Essex County VA

Capt. John Parker 1680-1760 Rappahannock VA

Robert Parker 1652-1687 Rappahannock VA

Richard Parker 1630-1683 Cornwall England

James Parker 1590-1680 Cornwall England

William Parker 1560-1631 Yorkshire, England

Robert Parker UNKNOWN-UNKNOWN UNKNOWN

Thanks

Dan Parker from Waldorf MD

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello Dan,
    I sure hate to be the bearing of bad news but here goes.
    According to y-DNA testing you have at least 3 different Parker DNA Groups mixed up in your file.
    Elder John Parker (FG#5) father in not Nathaniel Parker (FG#18) and Richard Parker of Cornwall is still unknown because we can not get any one from the England Parker line to do DNA testing.

At this point I would suggest that you take the 37 marker DNA test as this will help you concentrate your research.
    Wayne
    • OK thanks. So now all I can really prove (from death certificates and census records) is my lineage to Hezekiah V Parker (HVP), and I'm pretty confident his father is Philip Parker because of the Bledsoe TN connection and the dates work out. I had thought Nathaniel 1730-1803 was Philip's & Elder John's father but you say he's not Elder John's. (So there goes my Quanah link.) Now if Philip Parker is not a sibling of Elder John, I guess I won't belong in FG5, correct? Do you know if HVP and Philip are in FG18?
      On another note, I find this site difficult to navigate (1) I can't seem to gather all my posts and their replies in one place, nor to search for them, and (2) It seems the only way to find photos is to click on every one of them (in 108 pages of several photos each) and then see if the caption identifies the person in the photo. Can't the administrator / coder make that caption show up under each picture without clicking on it? Thanks for your help.
      dan
      • Member Houston Richardson is a Hezekiah descendant. Member Phylena Parker is interested in the Hezekiah line. DNA says Mr. Richardson and his family are my Parker cousins. We have not found our common ancestor, yet. If you follow the "yDNA" link at the top of the homepage and look at "Results", you will find me, "P192", the Hezekiah descendant, and another, in Family Group #26. The "North Alabama Parker's Group" has a bunch of Thomas Parker's and Charlotte (Allen) Parker's descendants. I seem to be the only one still looking at that group's postings.

If you're inclined to do the FTDNA Y-DNA test (take the 37-marker, or if cash is not a problem, the 67-marker test), be aware that it's on sale until 12/31. I may have a coupon for a few more dollars off, just ask.

Ronald Parker
        P192, FG#26 at Family Tree DNA's Parker Family DNA Project
        • Thanks for that. So it appears I should be in FG26. Definitely interested in the DNA test & any available discounts. Interesting note: Virtually all references say HVP was born in Bledsoe TN, which implies he is the son of Philip Parker. But on the 1880 census in Fristoe MO, Wm F, son of HVP, says his father was born in Germany.
This reply was deleted.