FG#7 update THEORY ONLY on P11, P120 and P296.

Today I am going out on another limb.

Robert Parker that is listed the 1790 census of Greenville Co., SC on page 113 is the father of Isaac and also the father of Benjamin Parker (P11) Jesse Parker (P 120 and 296) and William Parker.

I also believe that this Robert Parker  is the son of Daniel and Mary (Sumner) Parker and the grandson of Richard Parker III.

Now comes the hard part proving this.

Wayne N. Parker   P239

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• In my search for Parker of Franklin County GA, I have only found 5 Parker men, and they were only there a short time before they leave. I can't find any records that show Parker family on NailsCreek. While not everyone own property in their name or paid tax on land they lived on and has deeds, there should be some record found that firmly places them somewhere. I have not found records that ID family #7 in Franklin, perhaps it a church record that has been found that I missed. Someone please point me to some record that IDs Benjamin/Isaac in Franklin County GA on Nail's Creek. Maybe it a assumed location based on a family connection.

Tax list Franklin County GA
              1798 Robert Parker (My Raborn family is here and Aaron Parker "Family5" probably married Tabitha Raborn about 1790)
              1800, 1801 Aaron Parker
              1800, 1801 John Parker
              1802, Moses Parker
              From 1803-1821 There were no Parker in Franklin County Tax List

From deed books Franklin County GA
              179901800 Book M -- John
              1800-1802- Book NN - Robert and John (2 different deeds)
              1803 Book 00 - one deed for John with Daniel Parker as witness
              1814-1815 book M - John

Some claim the John/Moses/Daniel Parker that was in Franklin County GA as part of Elder John Parker family that soon left Franklin and went to Hickman TN. I know that my Aaron Parker pass through TN on his way to MS ( Children were born there) Also some of the Raborn family also left Franklin GA and went to Hickman TN and stayed there.(the some deed where they sue my Raborn for non-payment of money owed) ELDER John Parker is also family #5. (Some of those that went to TN intermarried to Haley family, the Mississippi branch of the Haley family later intermarried again with my Parker/Raborn group in Copiah CountyMS in 1830's). My Mark Raborn sold old Raborn family land to a Haley Cousin (Haley cousin's mother was a Raborn) That leaves only Robert Parker of Franklin Coun ty GA as a unknown.... is he the one that went to ST. Helena LA???? I just do not know! I do know that a William Parker is support to leave LA and ended up in Copiah County MS by 1830 and must have died in Copiah before 1840. His wife was Sarah and she is still there in 1850. She can probably be explained as the female living in Jesse Parker household in the 1840 Copiah County MS census. I can ID most of their children. I really think DNA is need for this group, my point is William could just as well be family #5 as well as family #7. I can not find proof he is either one!!! There are a lot of unID Parker living in 1830 Copiah County MS, along with known #5 (my Aaron Parker family) and known #7 (Benjamin Parker/Isaac Parker). The Pearl River was the super highway of that day and the new capital was being built in Jackson MS (Hinds County) in the 1830's.

Last thought..... while there is a Benjamin and Isaac Parker that have Y-DNA that belong family#7. There is a Benjamin Parker in Wilkerson County MS pre 1820, that probably the father of William Parker of Wilkerson County MS that has DNA that put him in Family #5. There is also an early James Parker that arrived in LA that is thought to have come from MD, not found in my records. There is just to many with the same names..... another example is Lewis and Hubbard Parker of Jackson COUNTY MS (??DNA test say part of Family #21), This is not the same Lewis Parker that found in Copiah County MS in 1830. Lewis of Copiah County MS also names a son William. That put at least 3 different William Parker in Copiah County Ms in the 1830"s The William that married Sarah(deed), the William son of Lewis/Louis (estate records) and William L.V.Parker (land patent) son of my Aaron Parker.
              • Hello Kelly,
                As always that for your input, it is welcome and helpful.
                After all the research time that all the different Parker researcher have put in trying to find information on FG#7 Benjamin, Jesse and Robert, this is my thoughts. I think because this group of Parker families moved around so much and so often, they didn't hardly any clues or legal records, therefore I am looking at finding them some other ways (????) I try to think out of the box. Sometimes you are just never going to find the "perfect" records.
                I am looking at Jackson Co., GA records for example, to see what turns up.

I know that this group of Parker men didn't fall out of the sky one night or did they. :) So I have back tracked to SC and NC to see what I can find. I am also finding out that not only did the Parker females of FG#1, FG#5, FG#7 and other DNA groups intermarried with other FG#1, FG#5, and FG#7, I am also finding out that we have many of the same allied families also.

When I was growing up I always though that Smith and Jones were the most common names but now they I am convinced that Parker is just as common and maybe more so.
                Wayne
                • Wayne, I too think try to think outside the box. One of my thought is there need to be a Y-DNA fund for Mississippi Parkers. I think I know someone that would help me locate a family member from the William and Sarah Parker family that came to Copiah County MS in 1830. I also like to see Y-DNA for James Elisha & Sarah (Gordon) Parker family..... My list could go on and on with several head Parker families that seem to appear out of know where and show up in MS around 1830. I live in Copiah and it not hard to find living folks with surname Parker in all the counties surrounding me.
                  • Kelly,
                    Great idea, count me in.
                    Wayne
This reply was deleted.