FG#7 update THEORY ONLY on P11, P120 and P296.

Today I am going out on another limb.

Robert Parker that is listed the 1790 census of Greenville Co., SC on page 113 is the father of Isaac and also the father of Benjamin Parker (P11) Jesse Parker (P 120 and 296) and William Parker.

I also believe that this Robert Parker  is the son of Daniel and Mary (Sumner) Parker and the grandson of Richard Parker III.

Now comes the hard part proving this.

Wayne N. Parker   P239

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Moses PARKER children by his 2 wives. First marriage, children are Sarah, Esther, Mary, John, Judith, Jesse, Anna, Catherine (Kiddy), Elizabeth Frances, daughter, daughter, ?Moses, ?Tristam. Second marriage, children are Lewis, Daniel, Nancy, Phillip, Arena, Elizabeth, William, Joshua Wright, Harris or Harrison, Amanda. information provided by Lib McPherson.
  • Steven,
    I feel we are getting closer and closer to solving this mystery. I am inclosing what I have in file on Tignal and Charity Parker Jones. Also I believe that somewhere I saw where another Tignal Jones was connected with Parker family in NC.
    I was just thinking about the Box family yesterday so I will look at them also. I will post information about Box family in second post.
    Who did William Parker of Livingston Co., KY marry?

Wayne

Descendants of Parker

Generation No. 1

1. PARKER1

Children of PARKER are:
    2. i. CHARITY2 PARKER, b. 1754, SC; d. 1838, GA.
    ii. JAMES PARKER.
    iii. WILLIAM PARKER.

Generation No. 2

2. CHARITY2 PARKER (PARKER1) was born 1754 in SC, and died 1838 in GA. She married ARTHUR JONES. He was born 1751 in SC, and died 1832 in Franklin County, Georgia.

Notes for CHARITY PARKER:

Not much, around 1800, 1801 same time as Robert PARKER
    Posted by: Steven Kratz (ID *****0447)
    Date: February 24, 2009 at 17:06:11
    In Reply to: Re: you mean Aaron PARKER and which one by kelly parks
    of 26465

There appears to be a lot of PARKERs here in Franklin County, GA. Not even sure if this is your Aaron PARKER.
    Here is a list of other PARKERs in Franklin County, GA.
    Charity PARKER married a Mr JONES, John PARKER both in Elbert County and Franklin County, Robert PARKER, may very well be the father of Jesse PARKER my ancestor, Hubbard PARKER traveled same route and time of Jesse, probably related someway with Jesse PARKER, Joshua PARKER both Hubbard and Joshua were in the 1805 land lottery. Jesse PARKER married Polly HEWSE or HERRON 26 October 1806. Daniel PARKER 1808, according to the YDNA group 7 Daniel PARKER born after 1800 in South Carolina is related to Jesse PARKER, this Daniel could be related to Jesse and Robert. The Charity PARKER who married Mr JONES has a son Tignal, and Charity's brother is James PARKER living in North Carolina. William PARKER may also be a brother of Charity PARKER living in North Carolina.

Franklin County, Georgia, records.
    Date: May 12, 2011 at 19:12:04
    In Reply to: Re: Wayne see post #24719, Magna Charta Surety, Priscilla PARKER, Jonathan PARKER by Wayne Parker
    of 26465

Deed dated GA 28 Sept. 1799, rec 10 Jan 1801 from Robert PARKER of Franklin Co to John HOLCOM of same. In cons. of $100, conveys 75 ac. in Franklin Co. on the south branch of Leatherwood Creek, on a conditional line made between William ALRED and Joseph BOX, granted originally to Jacob PENNINGTON, and conveyed by him to Joseph BOX, and by said BOX to said Robert PARKER. Signed "Rob't PARKER." Wit Martin GOLLERTHAN, Nancy GOLLERTHAN (x). Sworn to by Martin GOLLERTHAN before Jerre SPARKES, J P 30 Aug 1800.
    Source Deeds of Franklin Co GA 1784-1826, page 134. Deed Book N pages 42, 43 of the original record.

Other BOX in Franklin Co GA, John BOX, Jonathan BOX, Josiah BOX, Marmaduke BOX, Mary BOX, Michael BOX.

Other PARKER in Franklin Co GA, James PARKER brother of Charity JONES, "to recover from William PARKER of North Carolina, executor of James PARKER deceased, money due Charity JONES, son Tignal JONES of Charity JONES. 8 Nov 1804.

Aaron PARKER, Daniel PARKER, John PARKER, Thomas PARKER.

Nash Co NC mentioned with Charity PARKER & James PARKER siblings
    Date: May 18, 2011 at 17:36:45
    In Reply to: Re: John Parker born 17 August 1775 by Samantha
    of 26465

Franklin Co Ga and Halifax Co NC Deed records show that Charity PARKER is a sister to James PARKER deceased. She sent her son Tignal JONES by power of attorney to Halifax Co NC to obtain land from her deceased brother James PARKER. Other people are also mentioned getting land and some of these people were in Nash Co NC. The record was under her married name of Charity JONES in Franklin Co GA.
    William PARKER, William PARKER Jr, Francis PARKER male, and Jethro PARKER were also mentioned along with some other people whose surname was not PARKER.

see post 24738, Francis PARKER Halifax Co NC, Hancock Co, franklin co Ga
    Date: July 09, 2012 at 14:23:39
    In Reply to: John H. Parker information in support of P69 and P106 of FG#7 by wayne parker
    of 26465

Probably your Francis PARKER, from will of James PARKER, sister Charity PARKER married Mr Jones, Tignal Jones son.

Many PARKERs mentioned, also Nash co NC mentioned in these records.

Tignal Jones
    Posted by: Louise White (ID *****3878)
    Date: February 19, 2009 at 03:10:47

of 39337

I found a reference to a will (1766) of William Jones in Northampton Co NC that says he mentions his brother, Tignal.
    Is there anyone that has found this will? If so, please contact me. I believe this Tignal is my ancestors. Tignal Jones' family came to Franklin Co GA prior to 1800, but without him. Charity Jones gave her son Tignal power-of- attorney in 1804 to go to NC and collect what was owed her from William Paker's will of Roanoke River. Her power-of-attorney did not mention the county, but now I believe Northampton Co is the place. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. Louise

Children of CHARITY PARKER and ARTHUR JONES are:
    i. TIGNAL3 JONES, b. 1779, Franklin County, Georgia; d. 1862, Franklin County, Georgia.

Notes for TIGNAL JONES:

Richard Parker Sr. of Chatham Co. to Tignall Jones Sr. of Wake County.. 700 acres.. parts of three surveys.. sd. Parker's plantation where he now lives.. land on Pike- berry Branch mentioned.
    6 March 1784
    Francis Jones, Tignall Jones Jr. Rich'd Parker
    Lewis Parker

Harrison Sartain
    July 1788: born.
    20 Mar 1805: deed from James and his wife Nancy to Josiah Sartain 170A on Nail’s Creek. Witness Harrison Sartain. Franklin County, Georgia Deed Book RRR p169.
    20 Mar 1809: deed from James and Nancy Sartain to Josiah Sartain all of Franklin County, Georgia for $435, 200A in Franklin County on Nail’s Creek adjacent to John Bellamy, Zachariah Thomas, William Carrothers, Jesse Brawner, Jedidiah Garrison, James Jones and Tignal Jones. Witness Harrison Sartain and Joel Mabry JP.

ames Sartain (brother of Josiah)
    no date: married Nancy _______.
    22 Aug 1799: Arthur Jones vs James Sartain. Franklin County, Georgia.
    1803: on tax list Franklin County, Georgia: 1 male, 100A, David Clark, _____ Bellame, Nails Creek.
    Oct 1803: appraised estate of Arthur Jones.
    11 Feb 1803: appraised estate of Obadiah Wright. Franklin County, Georgia Minutes of the Court of Ordinary.
    no date: “ordered that the administrator of the estate of Arthur Jones, dec’d do make a letter to James Sartain agreeable to the tenor of the bond given by said Arthur in his lifetime to the said Sartain”. Franklin County, Georgia Inventory of Estates 1829-1844.
    1804: his land used for identification in Franklin County, Georgia.
    20 Mar 1805: deed from James and his wife Nancy to Josiah Sartain 170A on Nail’s Creek. Witness Harrison Sartain. Franklin County, Georgia Deed Book RRR p169.1805: Georgia Land Lottery #779BB, Franklin County, Georgia.
    29 Apr 1806: deed from John Robbins to James Sartain both of Franklin County, Georiga, for $400, 150A in Franklin County on waters of Grays Creek adjacent to Gabriel Jones. Witnesses: William Malone, Wyatt Cleveland, Gabriel Jones.
    30 Apr 1806: witnessed a deed in Franklin County, Georgia.
    1 Oct 1807: deed from John Robbins to James Sartain 52.53A in Franklin County, Georgia.
    16 June 1808: deed from Tignal Jones, administrator of Arthur Jones 53.54A in Franklin County, Georgia.
    20 Mar 1809: deed from James and Nancy Sartain to Josiah Sartain all of Franklin County, Georgia for $435, 200A in Franklin County on Nail’s Creek adjacent to John Bellamy, Zachariah Thomas, William Carrothers, Jesse Brawner, Jedidiah Garrison, James Jones and Tignal Jones. Witness Harrison Sartain and Joel Mabry JP.
    12 June 1809: deed from James Sartain of Franklin County, Tennessee to Charles Warren of Franklin County, Georgia for $550, 150A in Franklin County, Georgia on Gregg Creek adjacent to John Robins and Gabriel Jones.

Josiah Sartain (brother of James)
    1772: on tax list Surry County, North Carolina—1 poll.
    7 Dec 1789: witnessed a deed Franklin County, Georgia.
    1801: on Capt. John Martain’s Company, Nail’s Creek.
    11 Feb 1803: appraised estate of Obadiah Wright. Franklin County, Georgia Minues of the Court of the Ordinary.
    Oct 1803: appraised estate of Arthur Jones. Franklin County, Georgia Minutes of the Court of theOrdinary.
    1805: participated in Georgia Land Lottery Franklin County, Georgia. #688B P.
    20 Mar 1805: deed from James and Nancy Sartain to Josiah Sartain 170A on Nail’s Creek. Witness Harrison Sartain. Franklin County, Georgia Deed Book RRR p169.
    1808: his land used for identification in Franklin County, Georgia.
    1810: on tax list Franklin County, Georgia.
    1811: on tax list Franklin County, Georgia.
    1813: on tax list Franklin County, Georgia.
    Was an original proprietor Nail’s Creek, Franklin County, Georgia.

James Sartain
    26 Apr 1793: deed from James Sartain to John Briggs both of Washington County, Georgia, 100A. Montgomery County, Georgia Deed Book E p43.
    1794: 70,000A Montgomery County, Georgia Grant Book IIII p438-509.
    1795: 26,000A Montgomery County, Georgia Grant Book OOOO p710-735.
    6 Apr 1795: James Sartain of Montgomery County, Georgia to William Longstreet of Augusts, merchatn, power of attorny to sell 26,000A of land in Montgomery County bounded on the southwest by Coleman and granted to said Sartain 28 Mar 1795 in 26 grants of 1,000A each. Witnesses Lewis Lancer and William Litte JP. Georgia Colonial Records Book DDD—Miscellaneous records.
    1795: 40,000A Montgomery County, Georgia Grant Book UUUU p364-403.
    1796: 60,000A Montgomery County, Georgia Grant Book WWWW p1-60.
    20 Aug 1796: bond from James Hancock to James Sartain both of Montgomery County, Georgia.
    1797: on Montgomery County, Georgia tax list: 550 pine, 1 poll, 68 3/4 cents tax.
    1798: on Montgomery County, Georgia tax list: 550 pine, 1 poll, 68 3/4 cents tax.
    18 Jan 1798: deed from James Sartain to Davis 200A. Montgomery County, Georgia Deed Book E. p110.
    1799: 55A Montgomery County, Georgia Grant Book BBBB p122.
    1799: 200A Montgomery County, Georgia Grant Book BBBB p123.
    1802: on Tattnall County, Georgia tax list.
    1804: witness on a Bill of Sale in Montgomery County, Georgia.
    1805: on tax list Montgomery County, Georgia.
    1805: on Tattnall County, Georgia tax list.
    1805: Georgia land lottery #1457BB; #770BB; #1469BB; #1457BB Montgomery County, Georgia.
    1806: on tax list Montgomery County, Georgia.

ii. CHARITY JONES, b. 1784.
    • 1807 Livingston Co KY tax list has 2 Robert PARKER. One I believe is the father of Jesse PARKER, need further proof. And the other is the father of Isaac PARKER. This Robert could also be a son of Robert, the Robert who is a father of Isaac PARKER. I believe there are 2 Robert PARKER in the Halifax co nc and VA area. And some of these PARKER, Charity PARKER who married MR Jones went to Franklin co GA. Whether halifax county connects to Robert PARKER in Livingston Co Ky, I don't know. Also, someone had Laurens co SC as a place for the Isaac PARKER, Robert PARKER people at one time. Many PARKERs in Laurens co SC if you look at the Census.
      • Thanks Steven, I will add information to file and see where it takes us.
    • James Sartain, James Jones, Tignal Jones, Jesse Parker are all of Nails Creek, Franklin Co GA. Isaac PARKER connected to a Jones Family, and Charity PARKER connected to Tignal JONES. More probable connections if you also add Robert PARKER.
  • Robert Parker, 1820 census, St Helena Parish Louisiana by William PARKER, age 45 up with no children. Probably father of Jesse, Benjamin, William PARKER. Found also in Missisippi Census later I believe. The Robert PARKER of Greenville County, SC not sure he made down to Georgia, Louisiana or Missisippi. Isaac related yes but how I don't know. Sort the 2 Robert PARKER out great. Also, Robert PARKER listed in Franklin Co GA in 1799-1801. Is this Robert of St Helena LA. Connected to Box family. Box in same area in Texas and maybe South Carolina.
    Also a Tignal JONES married Charity PARKER of Franklin Co GA and North Carolina, Virginia. See post 24724 and 26368, Genforum.genealogy.
    Now proven in my mind that Jesse, Benjamin PARKER were in Livingston Co KY. There is also a marriage record for a William PARKER in Livingston Co KY that I think may also be a son of Robert PARKER of Helena Co LA.
    • Box family info.
      Wayne

Descendants of Robert Box

Generation No. 1

1. ROBERT1 BOX was born Abt. 1707. He married PHILLIS.

Notes for ROBERT BOX:
      Thanks To Joseph Fox for sharing his Box research with me.(W.N.P)

2014-09-06 16:17:26
      Josiah Box was the son of Michael Box who married Mary Keys Bolton (daughter of Joseph Keys and widow of William Bolton). Michael and Mary Box lived beside his mother, Margaret Box, widow of Joseph Box, on Walnut Branch in Laurens Co. SC until they moved to GA and participated in the GA land lotteries and eventually settled in Banks Co. GA. Their sons, Josiah (who died in MS), Marmaduke (who died in TX), claimed land patents in Fayette Co. AL and Michael Jr. moved to Rhea Co. TN and died in TN.

I placed a post-em on your "Parker and Allied Families". I appreciate very much the documentation you provided. If you are interested, I will be happy to provide the documentation for statements in my post-em.
      The only error I see in your presentation is the father of Josiah Box. Verna's post removed Josiah as a son of Robert Box. At the time of her post, we had not worked out his parentage but later found the "Bio of Joseph Keys and Family", the probate proceedings of the estate of William Bolton, the land records of Michael Box,Sr. in SC and GA and the records of his sons as they moved westward. My hypothesis of the ancestors of Josiah Box is:
      http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.box/1501.4.1.1.1.1.1.1.1/mb.ashx
      There has been much confusion on Josiah Box--his ancestors and descendants. Verna Stone did much to clear up his descendants but evidently did not have the energy to post her findings on his ancestors.

Box family yDNA and early Box immigrants

Replies: 33
      Re:Hypothetical Box family tree and Box family yDNA
      Fox_Joseph (View posts)
      Posted: 15 Dec 2010 2:59PM GMT
      Classification: Biography
      Edited: 25 Jul 2012 7:33PM GMT
      Surnames: Box
      Dave, Here is my current hypothesis of the Box family, based on the documentation found in land records on South Carolina Archives on-line and the Memorials behind those records and on the court records found in various states. It is quite different from most family trees based on Wades' The Box Book. The documentation is the result of many genealogists’ research. Please keep in mind it is an hypothesis and is subject to change. I post it in anticipation that other Box genealogists will make additions or corrections. I also believe it will play a role in interpreting the yDNA profiles.

Robert Box, b. abt. 1707, and his wife, Phillis, are found in Delaware in 1728-29; in Virginia in 1753-55; in South Carolina about 1762-75; in the area that became Washington Co., NC from about 1775-1785, and back in South Carolina in 1786. Robert Box, the elder, first lived on Jackson Creek in Fairfield Co., SC and later on Reedy River in Laurens Co. SC. The deed by which he sold the Jackson Creek tract in 1769 was witnessed by Robert Box, Jr.

Their family would be Joseph Box, b. before 1730, who married Margaret; John Box, b. before 1744, who married Rachel; Robert Box, Jr., b. 1734, who married a daughter of James Williams; Edward Box, b. before 1750, who married (1) Lydia, then (2) Nancy; and Henry Box, b. before 1760. It is very likely that all of the men and their families were in Washington Co. NC during the Revolutionary War with the exception of Edward Box, b. 1754, who married Elizabeth Newton and served in South Carolina during the Revolutionary War. This second Edward Box is thought to be the son of Robert Box, b. 1734.

Joseph and Margaret Box were probably parents of Michael Box who married the widow, Mary Keys Bolton, Joseph Box, (Jr.) who married Mary and Jonathan Box. Joseph Box lived on Walnut Creek in Laurens Co., SC.

John and Rachel Box were parents of John Box, Jr. (deceased by 1815) Shadrack Box, Robert Box, Abraham Box and Benjamin Box. Their daughters were Molly Box South, Rachel Box Banks, Jemima Box Sneed and an unknown daughter who married a Williamson. John Box lived first on Little River in Newberry Co. and then on Reedy River in Laurens Co. He sold land on Reedy River that had been granted to Robert Box, the elder, and was named in court as a brother of Henry Box.

Robert Box, Jr., b. 1734, was the son-in-law of James and Hester Williams and most genealogists have his wife as Mary but IF he was the Robert Box Sr. of Pendleton Co. in 1790 that is not likely. His sons were probably Edward Box, b. 1754, Stephen F. Box, John Morris Box, and Robert Box Jr. (of the 1790 census). He had at least one daughter, Ava Rilla Box Matthews. James Box, Henry Box, Jacob Box, and Wiseman Box who were associated with Edward Box, born 1754, in deeds and location were either sons or nephews of Robert Box, Jr. Robert Box, b. 1734, lived on Raborns Creek in Laurens Co. SC and later on Tugaloo River in Pendleton Co., SC as Robert Box, Sr. in the 1790 Census.

Edward Box, born before 1750, and his wives (1)Lydia and (2) Nancy had possibly a son, William, and three daughters, Rebecca Box Weatherford, Margeret Peggy Box Keele and Elizabeth Box Morris. Edward Box lived first on Raborns Creek in Laurens Co. SC and later in Pendleton Co., SC.

Henry Box's family is unknown. In the Census of 1790 Burke Co. NC, it appears he has 3 sons and 3 daughters. In the Census of 1800 Laurens Co., SC, he appears to be one of the two Henry Boxes living on Raborns Creek.

There are Box men (and women) who do not currently fit into this family hypothesis:

The Samuel Box, b. 1745, in Orange District SC, is not found in SC documentation except in the pension application he made many years later in TN. He apparently lived in SC from 1745 until after the Revolutionary War without leaving tracks. The fact he lived that long without a land grant suggests he was an urban Box living in the flat lands amongst the large plantations and his relationship to the hill country Box families is unknown.

Thomas Box and a different Samuel Box had land on the Neuse River NC about 1757 and Thomas Box later moved into the general area of South Carolina where Samuel Box lived previously.

There was a Jacob Box who had a land grant on Wateree Creek, probably in Fairfield Co., SC in 1753 but does not appear to carry through the procurement process of Memorial indicating he died or moved. The land record indicated he had at least one child. There was a Robert Box who was killed in SC in 1782 and a Mrs. Mary Box, widow of a Robert Box, that collected on a Revolutionary Indent of a Robert Box in 1785. These are events that may or may not be related.

Since your yDNA links you to the descendants of Robert Box, Sr. of Pendleton Co., you are very likely descended from one of the Box men who lived in Washington Co. NC during the Revolutionary War. The most likely loose ends that could be your lines are the unknown sons of Henry Box and possibly the Robert Box who was the son of John and Rachel Box. He was probably the Robert Box who passed through Claiborne Co. TN to Illinois and maybe Iowa.

Please keep in mind that although this is based on a lot of documentation, the interpretations that connect that documentation could be (and probably some of it is) in error. It is hoped that patterns that become apparent in the yDNA profiles from descendants with a paper trail will clarify the Box family relationships.

Children of ROBERT BOX and PHILLIS are:
      2. i. JOSEPH2 BOX, b. Bef. 1730.
      ii. ROBERT BOX, b. 1734, Laurens, SC; d. 1787, Laurens Co., SC; m. MARY WILLIAMS; b. 1747, St. Claire, SC; d. 1787, Laurens Co., SC.

Generation No. 2

2. JOSEPH2 BOX (ROBERT1) was born Bef. 1730. He married MARGARET.

Children of JOSEPH BOX and MARGARET are:
      3. i. MICHAEL3 BOX, SR., b. Abt. 1755.
      ii. JONATHAN BOX.

Generation No. 3

3. MICHAEL3 BOX, SR. (JOSEPH2, ROBERT1) was born Abt. 1755. He married MARY KEYS, daughter of JOSEPH KEYS and REBECCA. She was born 1755.

Notes for MICHAEL BOX, SR.:

Josiah Box was the son of Michael Box who married Mary Keys Bolton (daughter of Joseph Keys and widow of William Bolton). Michael and Mary Box lived beside his mother, Margaret Box, widow of Joseph Box, on Walnut Branch in Laurens Co. SC until they moved to GA and participated in the GA land lotteries and eventually settled in Banks Co. GA. Their sons, Josiah (who died in MS), Marmaduke (who died in TX), claimed land patents in Fayette Co. AL and Michael Jr. moved to Rhea Co. TN and died in TN.

I placed  a post-em on your "Parker and Allied Families".  I appreciate very much the documentation you provided. If you are interested, I will be happy to provide the documentation for statements in my post-em.
      The only error I see in your presentation is the father of Josiah Box.  Verna's post removed Josiah as a son of Robert Box.  At the time of her post, we had not worked out his parentage but later found the "Bio of Joseph Keys and Family", the probate proceedings of the estate of William Bolton, the land records of Michael Box,Sr. in SC and GA and the records of his sons as they moved westward. My hypothesis of the ancestors of Josiah Box is:
      There has been much confusion on Josiah Box--his ancestors and descendants.  Verna Stone did much to clear up his descendants but evidently did not have the energy to post her findings on his ancestors.

Fox_Joseph (View posts)
      Dave, Here is my current hypothesis of the Box family, based on the documentation found in land records on South Carolina Archives on-line and the Memorials behind those records and on the court records found in various states. It is quite different from most family trees based on Wades' The Box Book. The documentation is the result of many genealogists’ research. Please keep in mind it is an hypothesis and is subject to change. I post it in anticipation that other Box genealogists will make additions or corrections. I also believe it will play a role in interpreting the yDNA profiles.

Robert Box, b. abt. 1707, and his wife, Phillis, are found in Delaware in 1728-29; in Virginia in 1753-55; in South Carolina about 1762-75; in the area that became Washington Co., NC from about 1775-1785, and back in South Carolina in 1786. Robert Box, the elder, first lived on Jackson Creek in Fairfield Co., SC and later on Reedy River in Laurens Co. SC. The deed by which he sold the Jackson Creek tract in 1769 was witnessed by Robert Box, Jr.

Their family would be Joseph Box, b. before 1730, who married Margaret; John Box, b. before 1744, who married Rachel; Robert Box, Jr., b. 1734, who married a daughter of James Williams; Edward Box, b. before 1750, who married (1) Lydia, then (2) Nancy; and Henry Box, b. before 1760. It is very likely that all of the men and their families were in Washington Co. NC during the Revolutionary War with the exception of Edward Box, b. 1754, who married Elizabeth Newton and served in South Carolina during the Revolutionary War. This second Edward Box is thought to be the son of Robert Box, b. 1734.

Joseph and Margaret Box were probably parents of Michael Box who married the widow, Mary Keys Bolton, Joseph Box, (Jr.) who married Mary and Jonathan Box. Joseph Box lived on Walnut Creek in Laurens Co., SC.

John and Rachel Box were parents of John Box, Jr. (deceased by 1815) Shadrack Box, Robert Box, Abraham Box and Benjamin Box. Their daughters were Molly Box South, Rachel Box Banks, Jemima Box Sneed and an unknown daughter who married a Williamson. John Box lived first on Little River in Newberry Co. and then on Reedy River in Laurens Co. He sold land on Reedy River that had been granted to Robert Box, the elder, and was named in court as a brother of Henry Box.

Robert Box, Jr., b. 1734, was the son-in-law of James and Hester Williams and most genealogists have his wife as Mary but IF he was the Robert Box Sr. of Pendleton Co. in 1790 that is not likely. His sons were probably Edward Box, b. 1754, Stephen F. Box, John Morris Box, and Robert Box Jr. (of the 1790 census). He had at least one daughter, Ava Rilla Box Matthews. James Box, Henry Box, Jacob Box, and Wiseman Box who were associated with Edward Box, born 1754, in deeds and location were either sons or nephews of Robert Box, Jr. Robert Box, b. 1734, lived on Raborns Creek in Laurens Co. SC and later on Tugaloo River in Pendleton Co., SC as Robert Box, Sr. in the 1790 Census.

Edward Box, born before 1750, and his wives (1)Lydia and (2) Nancy had possibly a son, William, and three daughters, Rebecca Box Weatherford, Margeret Peggy Box Keele and Elizabeth Box Morris. Edward Box lived first on Raborns Creek in Laurens Co. SC and later in Pendleton Co., SC.

Henry Box's family is unknown. In the Census of 1790 Burke Co. NC, it appears he has 3 sons and 3 daughters. In the Census of 1800 Laurens Co., SC, he appears to be one of the two Henry Boxes living on Raborns Creek.

There are Box men (and women) who do not currently fit into this family hypothesis:

The Samuel Box, b. 1745, in Orange District SC, is not found in SC documentation except in the pension application he made many years later in TN. He apparently lived in SC from 1745 until after the Revolutionary War without leaving tracks. The fact he lived that long without a land grant suggests he was an urban Box living in the flat lands amongst the large plantations and his relationship to the hill country Box families is unknown.

Thomas Box and a different Samuel Box had land on the Neuse River NC about 1757 and Thomas Box later moved into the general area of South Carolina where Samuel Box lived previously.

There was a Jacob Box who had a land grant on Wateree Creek, probably in Fairfield Co., SC in 1753 but does not appear to carry through the procurement process of Memorial indicating he died or moved. The land record indicated he had at least one child. There was a Robert Box who was killed in SC in 1782 and a Mrs. Mary Box, widow of a Robert Box, that collected on a Revolutionary Indent of a Robert Box in 1785. These are events that may or may not be related.

Since your yDNA links you to the descendants of Robert Box, Sr. of Pendleton Co., you are very likely descended from one of the Box men who lived in Washington Co. NC during the Revolutionary War. The most likely loose ends that could be your lines are the unknown sons of Henry Box and possibly the Robert Box who was the son of John and Rachel Box. He was probably the Robert Box who passed through Claiborne Co. TN to Illinois and maybe Iowa.

Please keep in mind that although this is based on a lot of documentation, the interpretations that connect that documentation could be (and probably some of it is) in error. It is hoped that patterns that become apparent in the yDNA profiles from descendants with a paper trail will clarify the Box family relationships.

Children of MICHAEL BOX and MARY KEYS are:
      4. i. JOSIAH4 BOX, REV., b. May 09, 1785, Laurens Co., SC; d. October 03, 1844, Choctaw Co., MS now Webster Co., MS.
      ii. MARMADUKE BOX, b. October 09, 1790, Laurens Co., SC; d. June 18, 1874, Rockport,Aransas Co., TX; m. NANCY POWELL; b. April 08, 1793, VA; d. April 08, 1868, Rockport,Aransas Co., TX.

Notes for MARMADUKE BOX:

Marmaduke D. Box
      Birth: Oct. 9, 1790
      Laurens County
      South Carolina, USA
      Death: Jun. 18, 1874
      Rockport
      Aransas County
      Texas, USA

Marmaduke D. Box was a private in the Georgia militia in the War of 1812. He and his wife Nancy Powell Box were citizens of the Republic of Texas. He was known as "Dr. Box" and was probably an herbal doctor. Before moving to Rockport, he had lived for many years in Lavaca County, TX.

Family links:
      Spouse:
      Nancy Powell Box (1793 - 1868)

Children:
      Martha E. Box Andrews (1825 - 1903)*
      Virginia F. Box Moffett (1827 - 1914)*

*Calculated relationship

Burial:
      Rockport Cemetery
      Rockport
      Aransas County
      Texas, USA

Edit Virtual Cemetery info [?]

Created by: Kathy Inman
      Record added: Sep 27, 2009
      Find A Grave Memorial# 42457385

More About MARMADUKE BOX:
      Burial: Rockport Cemetery,Rockport,Aransas Co., TX

Notes for NANCY POWELL:
      Nancy Powell Box
      Birth: Apr. 8, 1793
      Culpeper County
      Virginia, USA
      Death: Apr. 8, 1868
      Rockport
      Aransas County
      Texas, USA

Family links:
      Spouse:
      Marmaduke D. Box (1790 - 1874)*

Children:
      Martha E. Box Andrews (1825 - 1903)*
      Virginia F. Box Moffett (1827 - 1914)*

*Calculated relationship

Burial:
      Rockport Cemetery
      Rockport
      Aransas County
      Texas, USA

Edit Virtual Cemetery info [?]

Created by: Kathy Inman
      Record added: Sep 27, 2009
      Find A Grave Memorial# 42456973

More About NANCY POWELL:
      Burial: Rockport Cemetery,Rockport,Aransas Co., TX

iii. MICHAEL BOX, JR., d. November 07, 1831, Rhea County, TN; m. FRANCES.

Generation No. 4

4. JOSIAH4 BOX, REV. (MICHAEL3, JOSEPH2, ROBERT1) was born May 09, 1785 in Laurens Co., SC, and died October 03, 1844 in Choctaw Co., MS now Webster Co., MS. He married MILDRED "MILLIE" WALTHALL POWELL November 10, 1801 in Laurens Co., SC, daughter of JAMES POWELL and JANE FINNEY. She was born 1784 in Laurens Co., SC, and died Bef. 1850 in Choctaw Co., MS.

Notes for JOSIAH BOX, REV.:

I placed  a post-em on your "Parker and Allied Families".  I appreciate very much the documentation you provided. If you are interested, I will be happy to provide the documentation for statements in my post-em.
      The only error I see in your presentation is the father of Josiah Box.  Verna's post removed Josiah as a son of Robert Box.  At the time of her post, we had not worked out his parentage but later found the "Bio of Joseph Keys and Family", the probate proceedings of the estate of William Bolton, the land records of Michael Box,Sr. in SC and GA and the records of his sons as they moved westward. My hypothesis of the ancestors of Josiah Box is:
      There has been much confusion on Josiah Box--his ancestors and descendants.  Verna Stone did much to clear up his descendants but evidently did not have the energy to post her findings on his ancestors.

Fox_Joseph (View posts)

Birth: May 9, 1785
      Death: Oct. 3, 1844

Burial:
      Old Greensboro Cemetery
      Grady
      Webster County
      Mississippi, USA

Created by: Beth Austin
      Record added: Oct 29, 2010
      Find A Grave Memorial# 60812388

Pruning and Grafting the Box Family Tree
      Replies: 15
      Re: Pruning and Grafting the Box Family Tree -- Josiah Box (1783-1844)
      vernastone51 (View posts) Posted: 6 Jun 2008 3:26PM GMT
      Classification: Query
      Surnames: Box, Powell, Bright, Mitchell, Caldwell, Hughes, Greening,
      Josiah Box is not the father of Robert, Henry, John W. and Hiram. Many researchers have Josiah Box and Mildred “Milly” Powell as the parents of Robert Box (b. abt 1802), Henry Box (b. abt 1804), John W. Box (b. abt 1812), and Hiram Box (b. abt 1813). Oral history has a daughter included as well by the name of Keziah Box who later married Simeon Bright, which now has been removed from this family and placed in the family of Robert & Patsy Mitchell Box. However, there may still be a daughter Keziah but not that one.
      A Family Register from the Caldwell family shows that Josiah Box and Mildred W. Powell were married on 10 of Nov 1801. It indicates Blanton P. Box, their oldest son, was born 19 Aug 1802 in SC; their daughter, Frances F. Box, was born 30 Jul 1805 in SC; Their son, Reuben F. Box, was born 8 Dec 1807; and son, Michael J. was born 28 Dec 1812 and died at the age of 13 months.
      In the 1810 census of Laurens Co., SC, Josiah Box's household had a male and female 26-44 years and 2 males and a female under 10. In the 1820 census of Laurens SC, Josiah's household had a male and a female 26-44 years and a male under 10; a male 10-15; a male 16-18 and a female 10-15. By 1830 Josiah moved his family to Fayette Co., AL and the census has just 1 male 20-30 in the household with Josiah and Millie. By 1840 Josiah had moved to Choctaw Co., MS. Josiah died there in 1844 and was buried in Old Greensboro Cemetery, which is in current-day Webster Co., MS; the Family Register states that Milly didn’t die until 1853 but I have not yet found her on the 1850 census to support that she was still living at that time.
      County land deeds and Bureau of Land Management Records trace the family across several states. Blanton Box purchased for Josiah Box a piece of property in Laurens Co., SC, in 1823. Then in 1824, Blanton purchased land in Fayette Co., AL, and Josiah followed to Fayette Co. and purchased land two years later in Oct 1826. Their properties were adjoining 80 acre tracts in Section 5 Township 16S Range 13W.
      Blanton was there in Fayette Co. with his father, Josiah Box, in the late 1820s to early 1830s. Between 1825 – 1830 Blanton was a Methodist Episcopal circuit preacher; and then after his marriage in Conecuh Co., AL, to Eliza Hughes Greening, he ministered locally rather than on the circuit. Based on the state census of 1837, Josiah moved to Choctaw Co., MS. Blanton did not show up in Choctaw until the 1844 tax roll, the year that his father Josiah died. He then continued his journey to Ouachita Co., AR, where he died in 1851.
      Josiah’s daughter, Frances Box, married William Caldwell in 1825. They were enumerated in 1830 in Fayette Co., AL. In 1837 they had moved to Choctaw Co., MS, per the state census and tax rolls. In 1840 they were still in Choctaw per the federal census. On both the 1837 and 1840 censuses, William Caldwell is listed next door to Josiah Box.
      Reuben Franklin Box, Josiah’s other son, was more than likely living in Josiah’s hh in 1830 Fayette Co AL since there was a male of his age in the hh. By 1837 he appears on the Choctaw Co., MS, state census. He is listed on the 1837 and 1838 tax rolls of Choctaw. In 1840 he has moved into Chickasaw Co., which was the next county over from Choctaw Co. during that time period. In 1840 Josiah also purchased land in Calhoun Co., MS, which is just west of Chickasaw Co., where Josiah was a part of the Methodist Episcopal ministry to the Chickasaw Nation from 1839 to 1840.
      It has been a natural placement of Josiah—to be the father of Robert, Henry, John W., and Hiram Box. Josiah, Robert, and Henry were the only Boxes listed on the 1840 Choctaw Co., MS, census. However, based on the tax rolls and state censuses and land records, which are now more readily available than in the past, it becomes clear that Josiah is NOT the father of my Choctaw County bunch. Land records indicate Robert and Henry had settled in what would become the Bankston Community of Choctaw Co. as early as 1834. Josiah appears in Greensboro by 1837, which would become part of Webster Co. Because oral history has it that Robert Box (whose wife was Susan) died in the early 1840s and would not be enumerated on any census that lists birthplace, I have not yet determined where he was born; however, it is very clear that Henry Box (whose wife was Janey) was born in TN; and the other two brothers, John W. and Hiram, are listed as having been born in AL. So this family of Boxes moved from TN into AL between 1804 and 1812, if this census data is accurate. Josiah Box was still in SC at that time. It must be pointed out that when studying the censuses, Josiah could not have possibly been the father of Blanton, Robert, Henry, Frances, Reuben, John W., and Hiram. None of the censuses ever supports four additional sons in the hh.
      Also, to be noted is the fact that in 1841, Henry Box was named guardian for Hiram Box (whom was listed as deaf and dumb on the 1860 census in his brother John W. Box’s hh). In 1840 the Robert Box hh has a deaf and dumb male listed that is probably brother Hiram. Josiah and Milly were still living at that time and would have been the ones that Hiram lived with if he had been their son. Also per a Deed dated 1842, Henry Box, guardian of Hiram Box, sold 80.25 acres to Barnett Hambrick, “in the name of Rachel Box.” If Josiah were the father, he would have handled this land sale rather than Henry. I believe this Rachel Box to be the mother of Robert, Henry, John W., and Hiram. Now to continue the search of the father of these Choctaw County MS Boxes!
      The removal of this Robert Box (b. 1802) from the family of Josiah Box also invalidates the logic of a "cousin marriage" involving a granddaughter of Robert Box which placed Josiah Box as a son of Robert and Mary Williams Box. However, it would still leave Robert Box (b. 1802) as a grandson of Robert and Mary Williams Box based on the "cousin marriage.”

More About JOSIAH BOX, REV.:
      Burial: Old Greensboro Cemetery, Grady, Webster Co., MS
      Census 1: 1830, Fayette Co., AL page 205
      Census 2: 1810, Laurens Co., SC page 75
      Census 3: 1820, Laurens Co., SC page 40
      Census 4: 1840, Choctaw Co., MS Page 81

More About JOSIAH BOX and MILDRED POWELL:
      Marriage: November 10, 1801, Laurens Co., SC

Children of JOSIAH BOX and MILDRED POWELL are:
      i. BLANTON POWELL5 BOX, REV., b. August 19, 1802, Laurens Co., SC; d. 1851, Ouachita Co., AR; m. EILZABETH M. HUGHES, August 1830, Conecuh Co., AL; b. July 22, 1802, FL; d. March 07, 1864, Ouachita Co., AR.

Notes for BLANTON POWELL BOX, REV.:
      Subject: [BOX] BLANTON P(OWELL) BOX
      Date: 5 Feb 2002 07:21:14 -0700

This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list.

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/HSF.2ACEB/605

Message Board Post:

Posting data, hopefully of value to someone:

>From New Orleans Christian Advocate, April 19, 1851:
      BLANTON P(OWELL) BOX died in Camden, AR on Fri, Mar 21, 1851, Rev. BLANTON POWELL BOX in 49th year of his age. Born Aug 19, 1802 in Abbeville Dist., SC. he married MISS ELIZA GREENING of Conecuh Co., AL Aug 1830 and emigrated to Ouachuta Co., AR in 1845.
      Census 1850-Ouachuta, Co., AR - Taylor Twp#45
      BOX, BLANDON B. Age 49 born GA
      BOX, ELIZA Age 47 born GA
      BOX, REUBEN Age 14 born AL
      BOX, GLAVONIA (F) aGE 11 BORN AL

More About BLANTON BOX and EILZABETH HUGHES:
      Marriage: August 1830, Conecuh Co., AL

ii. FRANCES FINNEY BOX, b. July 30, 1805; m. WILLIAM CALDWELL, 1825.

Notes for WILLIAM CALDWELL:
      Josiah’s daughter, Frances Box, married William Caldwell in 1825. They were enumerated in 1830 in Fayette Co., AL. In 1837 they had moved to Choctaw Co., MS, per the state census and tax rolls. In 1840 they were still in Choctaw per the federal census. On both the 1837 and 1840 censuses, William Caldwell is listed next door to Josiah Box.

More About WILLIAM CALDWELL and FRANCES BOX:
      Marriage: 1825

iii. REUBEN FRANKLIN BOX, SR., b. December 08, 1808, SC; d. July 17, 1854, CA; m. LUCY PARKER, September 01, 1836; b. December 13, 1817, AL; d. December 29, 1893, Kenwood, Sonoma Co., CA.

Notes for REUBEN FRANKLIN BOX, SR.:
      BOX, Reuben F. ~ Lost to R.J. MORROW by six votes in election for Clerk of Circuit Court, 1833 in Fayette Co., AL.

More About REUBEN FRANKLIN BOX, SR.:
      Burial: Valley Cemetery, Sonoma, Sonoma Co., CA
      Census: 1840, Chickasaw Co., MS Page 61

More About LUCY PARKER:
      Burial: Valley Cemetery, Sonoma, Sonoma Co.. CA
      Fact 2: Lived in Ark. and Tx.

More About REUBEN BOX and LUCY PARKER:
      Marriage: September 01, 1836

iv. MICHAEL JAMES BOX, b. December 28, 1812; d. Bet. January 1713/14 - February 1814.
      • I know this is a forum for Family 7, but my Franklin County GA Aaron PArker his mention here with a question that the same one. My AaronParker is family 5. I know this Aaron Parker must be mine because I followed his land and the connection to the Rayburn/Raborn/Raiburne family. My Aaron Parker lived among many other Parker families. DNA show he belongs to group 5. During his life and his children lives they were neighbors of group 1,7 and 28. Aaron Parker family group 5, is related some how to Elder John Parker and Moses Parker, both were in Franklin County GA along with a Robert Parker all before 1810. Franklin County GA was often a waiting place for family that was to travel across Indian land.

Aaron Parker (Family 5) was born about 1770 and died in 1833. He has been ID in Franklin County GA, Amite County MS, Lawrence County MS, Copiah County MS. He married Tabitha Raborn (1772GA-1856Newton CountyMS), 1856 letter mention that Tabitha has died that she had brother name Burwell Raborn.

The land that Dunmark Rayburn purchase in Franklin County GA (Book O page 33-34 sold 18 Dec 1801, recorded 16 April 1802, Dunmark Raborn from John Tweedle, witness Simeon Terrell) This land later has paid tax by John Raborn. (PS It was Peter Terrell’s land grant that Aaron Parker paid tax on. Later tax list show taxes were paid by Joel Rabourn and John Rabourn for land that Aaron Parker lived on.) The old land own first by Dunmark Raborn and later tax paid by John Raborn before it was sold in 1815 by Mark Raborn of Mississippi Territory. Mark Raborn lived next to Aaron Parker and Tabitha Raborn until he married Ronda Watts.

Book B page 213, Mark Raborn to James R. Haley
        Deeds of Franklin County, Georgia 1784-1826
        Abstracted and Compiled by Martha Walters Acker DEED BOOK B Page 213
        listed on DEED dated 29 Dec. 1815, re.[recorded] 3 Aug. 1824, from MARK RABUN of the Mississippi Territory to JAMES R. HALEY of Franklin Co. In cons. of $350, conveys 200 ac. in Franklin Co.[County] on waters of Broad Riv.[River], adj. Edmund Strange and Samuel Payne, granted to John Tredwell (?) 21 Oct. 1797. Signed "Mark Rabourn (x)". Wit: John Gober, Ja's H. Little, J.P.

1816 Territorial Census Amite - 13 Christian Nelson 2-2-1-1 total 6
        1816 Territorial Census Amite - 12 Sanders Raybon 1-6-1-1 total 9
        1816 Territorial Census Amite - 12 Joseph Raybon 1-3-1-2 total 7
        1816 Territorial Census Amite - 12 Mark Raybon Burnell 1-1-2-2 total 6
        1816 Territorial Census Amite - 12 Aaron Parker FG#05 1-3-1-3 total 8
        1816 Territorial Census Amite - 12 Mark Raybon 1-0-0-0 total 1
        1816 Territorial Census Amite - 12 Cornelius Raybon 1-0-0-0 total 1
        1816 Territorial Census Amite - 12 Thomas Gordon 1-3-1-2 total 7
        1816 Territorial Census Amite - 12 Thomas Faris 1-6-1-3 total 10
        1816 Territorial Census Amite - 12 Moses Donahae 1-2-1-1 total 5
        1816 Territorial Census Amite - 12 Thomas Holden 1-2-1-3 total 7
        1816 Territorial Census Amite - 12 James Miller 2-3-1-3 total 9
        1816 Territorial Census Amite – 11 George Raybon 1-2-1-0 total
        1816 Territorial Census Amite - 10 William Loving 1-5-1-4 total 11 9s
        1816 Territorial Census Amite – 9 Joseph Price 1-1-1-4 total 7
        1816 Territorial Census Amite - 3 David Parker FG#? 1-4-1-1 total 7 4s
        1816 Territorial Census Amite - 4 James Lofton 2-3-1-2 total 8 2s

FRANKLIN COunty GA
        1800 GA- Franklin Tax list (acres, to whom it was granted, by whom it was bounded, water course)
        Page 20 of Capt. John Barnetts Dist.-
        Payne
        Burrill Reaborn
        Mark Hayley, 500a, T. Crag, Ramsiy, B. Riv and 200a, P Hayley, Ramsiy, B. River
        Mark Hayley for Howill Adams, non res, 120a, M. Jones, D. Jones, Indiain Creek
        Page 21 of Capt. John Barnetts Dist.-
        John Reaborn, 0,50,0,150,0, Tweedle, J. White, B. Riv. [Board river]
        Aron Parker, 400a, Terrill, J. Payne, B. Riv.[Board river]
        Joell Reaborn
        James Casey
        James Reaborn
        George Vaugh, 127 a, B.Casey, Stephens, B. Riv [Board river];
        200a, sd Baughn, Sd Baugh:
        60a M. Jones, Sanders, Groves R
        William Varnell, 600a Pendleton, Holandsworth, B. Riv [Board river]
        John Barnett, 100a, M. Jones, A Brown, Leatherwood
        Page 26 of Capt. John Hendson Dist.-
        Thomas Gordin, 0,0,100,0,0, B.Bowen, J, Jonston, B. Riv W[west]
        John Parker, 0,50,150,0,0, JM Russell, Hambleton, Hudson C.;
        0,0,287 ½ ,0,0,, M. Trimble, Lindsey, NFB Rvier

1801 GA, Franklin tax list, Capt John Martin’s Comp.
        Joel Rabourn
        Thomas Warren, 200a, Julin Nail, Nail Gray, on H. Riv.
        Timothey Teril
        John Raborn 0,0,100,100,0.[200a], John Tweedle, Jacob White, B.[Board] River
        Burrell Raborn
        Mark Haley, 1 slave, 500a + 150a, on Board river
        1801 GA, Franklin tax list, Capt Thompson Epperson’s Comp.
        Henry Parks 287 1/2a, Sd Parks, Wm Ash, Hudson (also here is Nelson and Vaugh)
        1801 GA, Franklin tax list, Capt Moses Wilcoxes Comp.
        Jas Raborn
        Aaron Parker 0,0,50,350,0 [400a], Peter Terrell , Jno Cane, [page torn]
        1801 GA, Franklin tax list, Capt. John Henderson Company
        John Parker, 0,50,0,150,0.,[200a], S. Martin, unknown, Hudson R.

1802 GA, Franklin tax list, (found this year at Ancestry .com)
        12 Timothy Terrel, $.31
        53 George Vaugh 3,0,64,63,0 Stephen Carsey, D. McCarchen, Garretts river
        +200 P. Vaugh, P Vaugh, Garretts river
        +60___ Jones, Moses Sanders, Grover river
        56 John Raborn, 0,0,100,100, Jno Tweedle, Jacob White,Garretts river $.66
        66 Simon Terrell, 2,0,0,50,156, Hugh Me_____, Bar. Terrell, Copper Creek
        0,25,25,0,250, Jas. McDanold, Jas Martin, __fork of Board River
        72-74 Jacob Hollingsworth, Saml Hollingsworth (deisd), James Hollingswoth
        81 Thomas Warrin
        82 Jacob Hollingsworth Sen.
        85 Richard Varnell
        90 Burwell Raborn, $.31
        126 John Nelson, 0,0,67,69,0, Wm Call., Joseph Dobbias, Greegs Creek $.54
        134 Moses Parker, $.31
        176 Moses Terrell, 2,0,230,220,0, Micajah Anthony, Ed Isum, Grover river, $1.70
        179 Mark Haley, 1,0,0,500, 0,0, Thomas Gregg, Cook, Greggs Creek, $1.22
        +100, ____Haley, __ Haley, James Creek
        Richard Odum, 185a, Garretts River
        Thomas Gordon, Hudson River
        Joel Raborn
        James Raborn
        Jacob Cagle
        Thomas Haley
        Addition for 1802 – Joel Raborn for Jon Raborn 400a, Paine & Ramsey, MD, FK, Bd R.

1803 GA, Franklin tax list,
        John Raborn, ___, ,Simeon Terrell, Garretts Riv.
        William Tweedle
        Burrel Raborn (near Rich’d Haley)
        Joel Raburn, 400a, Peter Terrel, ___Pain, Garrets Riv.

1805 GA, Franklin tax list,
        Joel Raburn, no land shown
        John Raburn 200a Tweedle, Jacob White, Raburns Creek

1806 GA, Franklin tax list
        Joel Raborn
        John Raborn, 200a, Tweedle, Jacob White, Garretts River

1807 GA, Franklin tax list (found this year at Ancestry .com)
        Jno Rayburn, 1,0,0,100, 100, Twedel, J. White, Garretts River 9.73
        0,0,0,0 130, unknown, E Bryan, Indian Creek
        One two wheel carriage 50 cents

1808 GA, Franklin tax list (found this year at Ancestry .com)
        Joel Raborn 0,0,0,0,202 ½, self, lot283, 19th Wilkinson County, $.47 ¼
        John White 0,0,0,0,202 ½, Jacob White, John Raburn, Midle river, $.47 ¼
        John Raborn, 1, 0, 50, 150, 0, Twedell, John White, __Midle R. $.90

Between 1808 and 1821 there were no Parker on the tax list

1810 GA- Franklin tax list, Capt. Hollingworth
        John Raborn 200a, Tweedle, White, Broad River, 2 wheel carriage, pay poll for Burrel Rabourn
        Joel Rabourn, 100a, Terrell, Hamer, Indian Creek
        James Haley, Nails Creek

1811 GA- Franklin tax list, John Raborn, Carriage, 200a, Tweedle, Payne, B. River; 130a S Hughs, John Haner, Indian CK

1813 GA- Franklin tax list, John Raborn, Carriage, 200a, Tweedle, J. White, B. River; 130a unknown, E. Bryan, Indian CK

1818 GA- Franklin tax list, (found this year at Ancestry.com)
        John Raborn, NO POLL, 80a, Forgason, West Brook, Indian Creek $.10

1819 GA- Franklin tax list, (found this year at Ancestry.com)
        Person in Capt. Carsons District, Negroes, 1st quality, 2nd, 3rd, __land, to whom granted, by whome bounded, on what water course, in what county [left of is says Franklin county] ,dollars, dimes, cents, milll
        Joel Rabourn (over written Burrell), 0,0,0,50,50, Tiller, Hammer, Indian Creek, 1.40, 7/2
        John Rabourn, 1, 0, 50, 150, 0 Tiseedle, White, Broad river, $1.43
        One Two Wheel Carriage, poll for Burrell Rabourn Pole $.31
        John Rabun (no poll) 0,0,0, 80,0, Fargason, Hagwood, Nails Creek. $.10

1821 GA- Franklin tax list, (found this year at Ancestry.com)
        John Raborn, 0, 0, 0, 80, 0 A.Forgason, Westbrooke, Indian Creek, $.41
        James R. Haley 2,0,55,500,0 unknown, Little, Naily c $2.32
        +0,0,0,249,0 Hachkcock, Hammond, Broad R
        + 0,0,50,150, 0 unknown, S. Payne, Broad R

1821 GA- Franklin tax list,
        John Raborn, 0, 0, 0, 80, 0, Forgason, Westbrooke, Indian Creek, $.82.5
        • Hello Kelly,
          Thanks for posting this information. The more information that is being posted is always better that less or none.
          I posted this information here because I welcome any and all information about all our different Parker families. I am finding out that it is is great when researcher list the y-DNA Parker Family Group numbers.
          I am also finding that many of my allied family members are connected to other y-DNA Parker families.

On a more personal note, have you finish writing your book?

Wayne N. Parker
          • Wayne, it been a really busy year for me. I hope to get back to researching the PArker family in the near future.
This reply was deleted.