Brick Wall

I am stumped with all these branches of Parkers.  Maybe some of you that have been at this longer than I have can point me in the right direction.  My husband has what appears to be 2 different sets of Parkers on his dad's side.

My husband's great great grandmother was Elizabeth Parker Bryant b1855 m Thomas Bryant (d/o Littleberry Abington Parker, Jr and Sarah Ann Beech).  I have this line traced to Lewis Parker.  This is my father in law's paternal line.

My husband's great grandmother (his dad's maternal line) is Beona Parker Clifford b1892 in Sunflower or Bolivar county Mississippi. She married William Earl Clifford and moved to the Long Beach/Gulfport MS area.  She died when she was 31, just a few weeks after their 4th child was born.  Beona and Earl's children were Linnie, John Earl, Earline, and Wallace.   We have found her listed on census reports as ?Eona and Bunar Parker, with what we are assuming to be her brother,  Thomas J Parker b1896. Her daughter Linnie's obituary has her name as Beonna.   The earliest record we have found for her is the 1910 census, with her and Thomas listed as the step-children to John Stephens and Ella Parker Stephens (born about 1875).  Ella and John were married in 1900 according to records found, and this marriage is listed as Ella's 2nd).  This is where we have been stuck for months.  The census reports we have found have Beona's father's birthplace as New York. 

Do any of you know of any Parkers that came to MS from NY.  I have been digging through research, but have not been able to pinpoint a specific set of Parkers. Much less a Parker who married an Ella in Mississippi around the 1890s.  We have heard rumors that some of that part of the family "looked" Native American, but have found no concrete proof of that either.  If you have any information that can help, it's greatly appreciated.

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Brandi, I don't believe we are of the same ancestry but I did find this link https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MF3M-7PW and I think this is your family. You may already have this information, if not, I hope it helps. I want to wish you good luck in your search. Take care, Brenda.
  • This reply was deleted.
    • Thank you for replying, Mrs. Patricia. I have been cross referencing census reports on Ancestry.com for a few months now. The main goal is to find Beonna's parentage. I was hoping that someone here may have stumbled across or researched a Parker line in the MS Delta area that originated in NY. I think I have read every inquiry on Ancestry and researched every known Parker in MS, but cannot find any record at all of Beonna Parker prior to 1910.
This reply was deleted.