An open letter to all members of Parker Heritage.

I want to encourage all of you who have not posted in a while to do so as your input is very valuable to keep Parker genealogy growing and helping to expand our collective knowledge.

OK I can hear some of you saying but I post and no one ever replies BUT how many of you ( other that a very small group of us out of 3994 members) have went out of you way lately to select an post at random and see if you can help that Parker researcher???

This web site is one of the very few free Parker genealogy sites left.

We need to make Parker Heritage web site the go to place for Parker genealogy research.

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas on what you want or need from Parker Heritage please let us know.

Wayne

You need to be a member of Parker Heritage to add comments!

Join Parker Heritage

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks Richard, That is a good idea.
      Wayne
  • Hi Wayne, No I have gone to the questions section. Thank you for telling me about it. As for the y-dna link I've looked at it but I'm still figuring out about dna and what all these acronyms mean. As for googling yes, I've been doing genealogy since I was a toddler lol, meaning that my mom started me off early going to cemeteries to do rubbings. Growing up I spent so much time in libraries with her, granted she was mostly researching her family tree but I still got the bug. I started researching my Parker/Wilson lines as a teenager and am now in my 40's and still going strong. Things have changed a lot and it's harder for me to travel to NC to dig where I want to, but I'm hoping for an RV soon to be able to pop off on the weekends with my 2 Great Danes and husband in tow.
  • As a new member I wish there was a better way to search the groups. The names don't really tell you what the group is about and in some cases there are no descriptions either. I know many are familiar with the dna aspects but a number does nothing to help someone like me who is a newbie to dna and has no male heirs to get dna from. I'd love to be able to easily find people working on the same family lines as I am.
    • Have you clicked on the y-DNA link that is located on the top of the masthead above? You will find a lot of information about the Parker y-DNA project there and the answers to some of your questions.
      Also please remember DNA is a new tool that we all are learning how to use.
      Have you done a Google Search like this? "john parker"~"orange co., nc"

Wayne
    • Have you gone to the Questions section to post all of your known Parker name, places and dates, including spouses. Post and ask, all members will see it and have the opportunity to respond. Mike
  • Thank you for these words, Wayne! We need help to keep the site a good resource. I am open to any suggestions to improve parkerheritage.ning.com as well as volunteers to help run the site. Mike
This reply was deleted.